Sump next to furnace

turtleclub405

Hey every one I recently just bought a new sump for my reef tank I was thinking of putting it in my utility room down stairs next to my furnace and was wondering if that would work out fine.Does any one do the same and is there any thing I should be wary of.

I wuldn't ahve any worries. Just heat as noted above....which shouldn't be a problem with a fairly modern furnace/boiler.

The heater will pull in air to fire the burner and then will evaporate the moisture that will leave the salt that will rust out your heater. The heater burning will keep this to a minimum, thats why I never recommend anyone to turn off a pilot on a wall heater at the beach it will rot out fast. I have seen lots of rotting out heaters at the beach due to the salt air, it will shorten the life span. I have never seen a tank have an averse effect on a heater but I would not put one in front of a return registry.

Any humid air the boiler/furnace pulls in in regards to an aquarium being near should just be water. The evaporation has left all salt behind. The salty air around an ocean is from wind carrying droplets of water from off the surface of the ocean and breaking waves.

What jim said. My fishroom is the same area the furnace and water tank are in. No problems i can see.

Mine sits about 2 foot from the furnace, I'd have it right next to it but needed room to service it and change the filter.

No adverse affects or heat issues so far.
CIMG2477.jpg

Back