Sunset monti questions

3mm3

I need some help!!
If you have a sunset montipora, can you tell me what type of lighting you keep it under and how far from the light you have it.
I seem to be having problems with mine.
Thank you!!

i keep mine high on top under strong flow high light.doing great under these cond.grew from dime size to about an inch in a month fast grower.also under se 250w 12k good luck

I have mine directly under my 250w mh 10k and 165w vho actinics and its about lets say 30 icnhes away from the bulb itself and its also not under strong flow eaither and its bright orange with bright neon green polyps and growing very well but i will be moving it up to about 20 inchs under the light eventually so as you see the color can be maintained and it will thrive also under "less" light. also whats the problem that you are having? the orange tunrign white? thats a normal problem that is caused my alk burn i am told.

i kept mi9ne under t5 6500k bulbs (8inches below and it bleached and almost died)

moved from t5 back to metal halide and keep it 8 inchs from a 14k pheniox

Yes the orange is slowly fading away.
Can I get more info on this alk burn?
Thank you

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=9857824#post9857824 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by REEFRHEAD
I have mine directly under my 250w mh 10k and 165w vho actinics and its about lets say 30 icnhes away from the bulb itself and its also not under strong flow eaither and its bright orange with bright neon green polyps and growing very well but i will be moving it up to about 20 inchs under the light eventually so as you see the color can be maintained and it will thrive also under "less" light. also whats the problem that you are having? the orange tunrign white? thats a normal problem that is caused my alk burn i am told.

Ok next question. What would happen if the protective glass lens that is supposed to cover the hqi bulb was not completely covering the bulb? What are the signs of uv damage?

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=9863656#post9863656 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by mmck
Ok next question. What would happen if the protective glass lens that is supposed to cover the hqi bulb was not completely covering the bulb? What are the signs of uv damage?

Burnt flesh/bleaching. You'll get 1st degree sunburn. I'd fix that.

ya i dunno about the uv thing. but i have heard a couple of people talk about the alk issue. ill look into it for you becaus ei want to know anyways ;) btu the reason why mien is on the sand is because when i got mine it had sum minor damage on the edges that turned white and dies so i left it in low light to recover not its taken off ;)

Back