Sunset Monti

fatrip

Yup That Stuff
hey guys just wondering where people are getting the best coloration and growth from there sunset monti's...IE location in tank, lighting (K temp, wattage, reflector), Flow? pics would be great too. TIA..

Med-high flow and med-high light works best for me.

I have read some opinions that middle to bottom of the tank is suitable for sunsets and mine did fine at the bottom of my tank for some time but I am getting slightly better color and growth after moving it up to an unshaded spot in the middle of my tank. IMO this is a fairly resilient SPS and will do well in a variety of locations, susceptible to light shock and bleaching though so must acclimate over time to higher light.

I'm running T5 icecap retros approx 16K cummulative temp, ~80x turnover.

cool. yea i do believe it is going to be coming from a lower light system tahn mine so i should porobibly start it off on the bottom. i do have bout 70x turn over so flow shouldnt be a problem. do you have a pic of yours? :)

Mine is in the middle of my tank

newr0160016.jpg

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=12914046#post12914046 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by mpoletti
Mine is in the middle of my tank

newr0160016.jpg

Dangit Mark!! Stop posting that pic! It is making me insane LOL. . so unreal that PE.

When i first got my sunset i placed it higher in the tank and almost completely bleached it. After a while of rehabilitation its color came back. I now have it in a somewhat shaded area of the tank and it has awsome color, but is very slow growing for me.

Back