Super Pale Mccosker Flasher Wrasse?

Charley Diesing

Ever since I got my Occ. Clown my Mccosker Flasher Wrasse has been extremely pale. Like almost WHITE! Also experienced some nipping of the back fin. It is starting to grow back.

Anyway the paleness will come and go for hours on end. Seems to be the palest towards the end of the light cycle.

Anyway I've had these wrasses before and I know they can change color to a degree, but this seems like its lasting hours. Kinda worried.

Any suggestions welcome,

Charley

I don't have a picture but it looks similar to this wrasse but even paler.

https://www.google.com/search?q=can...orums%2Fshowthread.php%3Ft%3D2164115;1024;768

I have the same problem, mine is in a tank with a carpenters wrasse. The mccoskers is very pale, doesn't have any of the typical markings you see in the pictures.

I moved out my clown and he has since then gained back color, I'm thinking the stress is what caused him to pale out like that.

A few things can cause this, mainly poor health (by virtue of poor diet or disease), stress, or the lack of any competition present in the tank (wrasse or just something wrasse-like in shape).

A few things can cause this, mainly poor health (by virtue of poor diet or disease) Doubt this I feed twice with NLS pellets, rods food, shrimps, clam, nori, etc. , stress,Possibly the clown was doing it, but I just kinda doubt it, the clown was tiny lol... like less then 1.5" or the lack of any competition present in the tank (wrasse or just something wrasse-like in shape)This one is interesting, could you elaborate? I just got another wrasse today, to replace the clown!.

Without anything else in the tank to compete with and/or flash at, flashers can dull out. From environmental standpoint, there's no reason to be bold in color if you're not trying to fend someone off or win someone over.

Back