Sushi Girl, or anyone else, I could use some help IDing something.

Kitsune_Gem

Alright, I saw this weird thing floating in my friends tank as I was helping clean it, and drip accumulate some new feather dusters today. (Freeken love those things~)

It swims and pulses like a jelly fish, bu I highly doubt it is one.

Sorry the video is not the best, it was taken with my phone.. And I would recommend muting it, or you will hear the TV in the background.

They are not a problem in a normally reef tank.
In my nano tank, the jellyfish were not a problem.

Gerrit is correct. I had those in a tank a long time ago. It won't matter if you take the jellyfish out, but you'll want to try to get rid of the particular hydroids that releases those, or they'll take over if it's a high nutrient tank.

The hydroids look like this.
jelly_polyp7.jpg

Gerrit is correct. I had those in a tank a long time ago. It won't matter if you take the jellyfish out, but you'll want to try to get rid of the particular hydroids that releases those, or they'll take over if it's a high nutrient tank.

The hydroids look like this.
View attachment 202201

Ive never seen anything like that in her tank.. Granted some of the rock areas we cant see due to the scapeing.. I did just kill off a bunch of pest anemones. Not sure what kind they where, seeing how they didn't look like the two most common ones.

Back