switched from 37 to 20

everl0ng

i took my 37g down and switched everything into my 20H with my 150w sunpod. i LOVE how much brighter everything looks especially on my starboard. my question is since i did have a sump on my 37 i would like to use it on my 20. i have a mj1200 and a tunze 6045 and my mag 7 for a return which is not hooke up yet. would this be enough, just right, or too much flow to go sps? i have never tried sps but would like to change over to it. i feel the lighing is sufficient, so flow is my only concern. my turnover would be 90x. if that is too much i could always take out my mj1200 or just put a ball valve on my mag. would this be sufficient to go sps?

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=9853777#post9853777 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by UnderCoverDork
90x turnover is alot..do you have a sandbed?

"starboard" His tanks BB.

Lets see some pictures! :thumbsup:

if i do go sps, should i add a sump? if i don't need one i won't, but the extral volume would be alright. and i could hide my skimmer and heater in there. if i do go with a sump, which i prolly will, i could just kick my mj1200 and use it for mixing salt. what's your imput? 20H with sump, one tuze 6045, and my mag7 return? sounds good to me, but let me know what you think.

Sounds like a plan. The sump wouldn't be needed, but they come in handy to put equipment.

i think i will go sumpless because i don't know if i will run a skimmer on such a small tank. just one more thing using electricity when all i would need to do is topoffs and wcs. the main reason i would want to run one is to hide equipment in, but who knows i may end up going with a sump when i move. then i will drill my 20 instead of having my bulky overflow. i guess i will sit down tonight and start planning for the move. oh, and i want to go to phishy business in columbus this wkend and load up on some frags and epoxy!!

Back