Switching salt mixes

jglackin

I set up my tank with Coralife salt mix, but, since I no longer wish to give CL even one more penny of my business, I will be switching to a new salt mix. I was using Oceanic in my Nano with no issues, but I was buying it in nano quantities. Is there a particular salt mix that works best in the 5 gal tub size (cost, packaging, ease of mixing, etc.)?

I have always used Instant Ocean and have had good success. You can generally find a good price on it and it is readily available at most stores. A lot of people really like tropic marin pro salt. It is more expensive but is supposed to be very good.

I use Tropic Marin. It works for me. My understanding is, that pro is better if you're dosing calcium, which I don't.

I've thought changing to Reef Crystals because it's supposed to have higher calcium content.

Thanks. My understanding is that DODGE is a one-time deal. So, therefore, I have been waiting to place a large order for equipment, frags and wahtever.

Folks are saying if you clear out your cookies, you can use the coupon again & again. I don;'t know how large your tank is but I always get 3 buckets at the time. Same shipping for 3 as 1.

I mix, 50/50, Oceanic with Reef Crystals. I just placed an order last week with the Drs for 3 of each and some other stuff, shipping was $17 and DODGE was my friend. :)

I was using Tropic Marin salt...good stuff but not enough calcium so I switched to Reef Crystals. It is pretty good and I think it mixes better than the Tropic Marin

Back