Symptoms of a fish stung by anemone?

E.intheC

I've been researching this very subject but haven't found a whole lot of info yet.

It looks like there are usually visible signs (like white dots all over the affected area) and the fish will often act lethargic and hang close to the bottom of the tank.

With my tank, I had a pair of very healthy saddle back clowns. They were eating and acting extremley healthily. There was someone local to me who was breaking down their tank. They had a beautiful s. Haddoni (blue) that was extremely healthy and very well-priced. It was about 12 inches in diameter. I thought it was perfect for my tank.

However, the owner said he had ich about two months prior and saw no symptoms or sings of ich for at least six weeks. I asked around and got opinions on the best course of action. Most people said to QT the anemone or take the fish out and QT them for eight weeks. I foolishly did not do this. :facepalm:

My reasons for doing this made sense at the time. However. On Friday I introduced the anemone. She was very healthy and dug her foot in almost immediately. The fish took to her within a few hours. Saturday and Sunday morning, everything was normal. Then, slowly the fish started acting lethargic. They would still swim around the anemone but not fast and without much gusto. They were eating but not regularly.

Finallly, yesterday my female was not looking good at all. She was laying on the sand bed, usually on her side, breathing rapidly. Then after a while she started swimming toward the surface, then would spiral back down. She died a few hours later.

Then my male disappeared. This morning I found him laying on the sand, breathing rapidly. Thing is, I don't see any type of ich related spots.

I want to treat him, but I don't know the best course of action. Could it be brook? Possibly. In my six years of reef keeping I've come across ich a few times but never brook (that I'm aware of anyway). There aren't any signs of skin sloughing off or a covering of white film. I'm really not sure, and would love the opinions of the experts here. He's my little buddy who's been with me for over a year now. :(

Not sure if you can see the small white spots (poor word choice) on his mouth. These showed up within the past 20 minutes or so.. but other than that, he was showing ZERO physical signs of ich or anything related (other than labored breathing)

<embed width="600" height="361" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowFullscreen="true" allowNetworking="all" wmode="transparent" src="http://static.photobucket.com/player.swf" flashvars="file=http%3A%2F%2Fvid660.photobucket.com%2Falbums%2Fuu321%2FEricFish1234%2FIMG_0615.mp4">

Well.. In the past 1-2 hour or so, the male fish has developed visible ich signs. I'm kind of relieved in that I know what the correct course of action is, and that I have experience treating fish with ich. Hopefully I'll be able to save the little guy.

My porcupine puffer has been lethargic after a filter malfunction, laying on the bottom of the tank and breathing heavy and I fear he may have swam into the large LT anemone in the tank, there is a large bright white blotch on his stomach, completely disrupting his color pattern. He isn't eating or swimming much and his eyes seem to be sunken into his head. I was wondering if this was the cause of the large cloud like pattern on his stomach and his inability to recover after all the other fish are acting normally again. Any help would be appreciated.

He had been in the well established fully cycled tank for almost 4 months and the canister filter (and oxygen supply) shut off for close to 8 hours overnight without us knowing about it. He is usually very lively and now will not move and looks sickly.

Back