T5 Actinics Recommendation?

Jdbrine

I was wondering if anyone can give me some input? I have a Current USA 6 foot light fixture with 3x 250 14k metal halides and 8x39 watt t5s. The actinic bulbs in it came factory with the fixture. Can someone give me some advice on what t5 actinics will give my corals the best colors and bring out colors that aren't normally seen. Any help would be appreciated.

Here's a couple pics of my tank.

2011-09-24224433.jpg

2011-09-23232202.jpg

Last edited:
As supplements, some ATI Purple Plus bulbs will really bring out the reds. I would put at least one on each side.

I would run 2 UVL Super Actinic, 1 ATI Blue Plus and 1 ATI Purple Plus. If you want more blue and more PAR go with 2 Blue Plus and only 1 actinic.

Definitely use a Purple Plus though to help bring out some reds and other colors.

Thanks for the info..... I have been debating on the ati blue plus. I just want something to make to colors pop even more...Do you have any pics of your tank with these lights?

PM "The Grim Reefer" he is the resident "expert" when it comes to lights, watts, depth, length etc, etc. Tell him what you want to accomplish. He has researched this over and over and has lots of information reagrding UV, color spectrums and all that.

PM "The Grim Reefer" he is the resident "expert" when it comes to lights, watts, depth, length etc, etc. Tell him what you want to accomplish. He has researched this over and over and has lots of information reagrding UV, color spectrums and all that.

I bet he says the same thing I said. :thumbsup:

Back