T5 bulb change time, my worst nightmare...

Mark9

I've looked at lighting threads until my eyes bleed, but I have to finally bite the bullet and replace my 6 bulb setup.
As there is 10% this weekend at BRS, i'm doing it.

I've come to the following, reasonable?

ATI Blue Plus
ATI Coral Plus
ATI Purple Plus
ATI Blue Plus
ATI Coral Plus
ATI Blue Plus

I ran 6x Blue Plus, 3x Coral Plus, and 1x Purple Plus and found it to have a bit too much of a pinkish/purple tinge for my taste… But everyone has a different perception/opinion.

Currently running 7x Blue Plus and 3x Coral Plus and I love the color, however I believe I've got too much PAR.

I think you may find that too pink?
I have 4 t5's and when i had two blue+, one coral+ and one purple+ it was much too pink. Both the coral and purple have pink in them. The coral+ is a combo of a few of their other bulbs including the purple+. I changed out the purple for a KZ superblue which is almost identical to the blue+ and found that combo much better.
If i had to add two more bulbs, it would be another superblue and then not sure

I have a4 bulb t5 and I run 2x 03 actinics, a coral plus, and a blue plus it gives more a purple hue but but it makes the coral pop like crazy and it's also healthier for the corals from what I have read to have straight actinics mix in with the other bulbs

After doing more reading and watching videos, I may substitute Aquablue Special for the coral+

ATI Blue Plus
ATI Aquablue Special
ATI Purple Plus
ATI Blue Plus
ATI Aquablue Special
ATI Blue Plus

Or I buy the 2 coral+ as well to try different combinations.

For running a 6 bulb fixture I would run 2x coral plus 2x blue plus and 2x true actinic all the bulbs are ati bulbs and I think you will get the best results this way. great coloration and great growth and a nice blueish color over all

The best color and growth 6bulb combo and commonly used it

Blue +
Blue +
Coral +
Purple +
Blue +
Blue+

Or how ever you want to configure it and do not get auqua special it will wash out your color

For running a 6 bulb fixture I would run 2x coral plus 2x blue plus and 2x true actinic all the bulbs are ati bulbs and I think you will get the best results this way. great coloration and great growth and a nice blueish color over all

You get almost no par from true actinic so it would he like running a 4bulb

I am running 3 blue plus, 1 actinic, 1 coral plus and 1 purple plus. Love the colour. I have the actinic and 1 blue plus come on for dawn/ dusk. Working good for me. If you go on ATI website to frequently asked questions they have a bulb combo section that tells you what bulbs to use to get to a 10000k- 20000k look.

Last edited:
Back