T5 Bulb Recommendations for LED Supplement

EagleI

I'd appreciate some suggestions, just finished installing some T5 retrofits to my canopy to supplement my XR30W Pro Radions. I'd like to hear some ideas on which bulbs to use. I've tried to make a really simple template of my set up.

____________ ____________

[RADION] [RADION] [RADION]

I was thinking one row on each side would be an ATI True Actinic and the other would be ATI Purple Plus?

Coral plus and/or blue plus. You can always tweak color temp with the Radions so spectrum is more important than color for the T5's IMO.

Is this a 72" tank? Might be easier to use 60" bulbs instead if that is the case. It will be less bulbs to replace each year as well

I too would recommend 2 in the front and 2 in the back, vs 4 in the front and 4 in the back. that would reduce replacement costs.

the 2 ATI bulbs i recommend are Coral+ and Blue+.

Now if you put Blue+ bulbs in the front, and coral+ behind the LEDs, your tank will have a 18K look to it. the reverse will make the tank more 12-15K-ish. The way your tank looks is based on which colors your vision goes through (if that makes any sense)

My tank is 84" across, but I couldn't get a 48"+36" kit because the canopy is just a couple inches too short. Had to go with two 36" on each side of the Radions.

Per your suggestions I went with Coral Plus and Blue Plus. Thanks guys.

Was think of a purple plus with coral plus. LED's don't need anymore blue but could use more other.

I am at the same point. Which bulbs to use. For my frag tank (48 x 24 x 16), I decided to go with (2) 48" coral plus to supplement the single AP700.

For my DT (120 x 36 x 30), I will be using (8) 60" blue plus and coral plus to supplement the (5) AP700's. I have heard good things about the mixture of blue plus and coral plus, so we will see if it was the right decision.

Dennis

Back