T5 choice with phoenix 14k

drummerboyevil

Hi there,
I'm looking for recommendations on T5 bulbs to go with the phoenix. I'm going to retrofit 4 T5's into a phoenix 14k 150w HQI fixture for a sps frag/qt tank.

I will probably also be adding some DIY LED of a couple kessil 160's to this fixture.

So far for the T5 I'm thinking 2x actinic + and 2x blue plus on separate ballasts. I'm wondering if I should bother with blue plus if I plan on adding royal blue LEDs. I do want at least 2 actinics for added spectrum and extended viewings.

I'm not opposed to swapping the blue plus for a purple or something else if you guys think that it would compliment the phoenix 14k well.

IMO.. Most of that is personal preference..
And you are talking about blending spectrums of an HQI + T5 +LED..
Good luck..

I'm not the first person to use the three technologies together [emoji38]spin:
One of the most gorgeous tanks I've ever seen does this and it seems to work extremely well. Once my tank is up and going, I'll look at adding a Reefbrite strip to my MH/T5 fixture.

One of the most gorgeous tanks I've ever seen does this and it seems to work extremely well. Once my tank is up and going, I'll look at adding a Reefbrite strip to my MH/T5 fixture.

I actually ran halide/VHO/led about a year ago and it was pretty awesome. I know that the actinic from t5 will be quite different though.

I tried 1x actinic, 1x Fiji pink or purple plus and 2x blue plus with a phoenix 14k 250w bulb on a giesemann infinity light the colour to me looked very nice.;)

I tried 1x actinic, 1x Fiji pink or purple plus and 2x blue plus with a phoenix 14k 250w bulb on a giesemann infinity light the colour to me looked very nice.;)
Great combo. The addition of the pink will totally kill the washed out look of the Phoenix.

Back