T5 Help, 4 Bulb Correction

Tron_954

Hey RC,

My Dimmable 4x24w ATI is as follow but is a tone too red for me with the Purple+

F
B+
P+
B+
C+
R

I'm willing to swap out the P+ for a 2nd Coral+ but am tempted to try the ATI Aquablue as it has been recommended for growth, but will it wash out my color?

I like the current cool 14-16k look I have now... Would like to basically achieve that without the Red tone the Purple+ gives it...

So your time is not fully wasted!~~~~>

T5 by J.L Photography, on Flickr

Try 3 blue plus 1 coral plus. Thats what i run on my 20 long. I really like it. Some body else was recomending 2 blue 2 coral on t5 q&a thread. I havent tried but sounds good.

Well I'm afraid it would be too Blue... Will want a nice balance for growth... the Color will come naturally...

I like the coral plus. The aqua blue spec i think would wash out colors. And i dont like ge 6500k at all. I cant get decent pics or i would send some only phone cam.

I just went from 2 aquablue special and 2 blue plus to 2 coral plus and 2 blue plus. I am very pleased as color rendition is better without some color being washed out. Growth is pretty much identical

I just went from 2 aquablue special and 2 blue plus to 2 coral plus and 2 blue plus. I am very pleased as color rendition is better without some color being washed out. Growth is pretty much identical

Nice, glad to hear it... Not sure if I should go 2 C+ or 1 C+ 1 ABS to join my 2 B+

You can go 2 c+, 2 b+. Coral+ is a really crisp white with a hint of blue but really brightens up the tank IMO. I run 3 b+, 2c+ and 1 p+ on my tank and its really bright.

Went from 2x blue+, 1x purple, 1x aquabluesp for 2x blue+, 1x purple and 1x coral+.
It less white but still to much red. When the purple will need to be change, I will buy another coral+ to try.

I have a c+ arriving today but can't install til tomorrow. Will post pics and opinions Sunday cuz it's my next full day off.

If it fails to please I'm ordering a kz blue.

I have a c+ arriving today but can't install til tomorrow. Will post pics and opinions Sunday cuz it's my next full day off.

If it fails to please I'm ordering a kz blue.

I still think an actinic in place of the purple plus might do it as well.

I have 2 more actinic and a Gmann Lagoon Blue coming in. I will let you know what I find as I am now playing with only 4 bulbs as well.

Back