T5 supplementing Radion Gen2

baroose_le

Howdy all,
I'm in the process of adding some T5s to my tank for aethetics and spectrum supplementation to take my coral to the next level.
I have a mixed reef (SPS heavy) 150 gallon tank with a 48 x 30 inch foot print that is 24 inches deep
Currently, I have 2 radions (Gen2) and almost everything in the tank is healthy and appears well but several pieces of SPS or LPS as well as a few softies (leather and zoas) are stagnant with poor growth or receding. There are multiple dark spots, particularly in the corners and edges so I'm going to add some T5s to get more lateral growth, reduce shadows and supplement the spectrum. Currently, I have a 12 hour schedule on my radions with a ramp up period of 2-3 hours in the morning and evening (blues only) with a 6 hour period of 14k during the middle of the day at about 75-80% intensity.
Two questions:
1) Recommendation for t5 bulb combination for growth/color? Id like to get a bluer 20k look during the middle of the day without losing too much growth.
2) How should I adjust my radion schedule once the T5s are installed? My plan was to only have the t5s on for the 6 hour midday period and drop the radion intensity down to 30-40% from 80% at that time and keep the blue sunrise/sunset in the morning/evening. I dont want to fry my corals...
Pics of my tank below

Thanks in advance for any suggestions!

Attachments

• 20150822_161335.jpg
    20150822_161335.jpg
    69.1 KB · Views: 0
  • 20150822_161319.jpg
    20150822_161319.jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 0
I heard Coral Plus and Blue Plus were the best to supplement with, as I am working on the same thing. I have a single Gen2 Radion that will go over my 93 gallon cube, and I bought an LET T5 retrofit kit with 4 24", 24W bulbs. I got 2 Coral Plus and 2 Blue Plus. I'm interested to see the answers to your second question, as I have been thinking about this part as well. Tagging along...

if you guys wait 44 days, triton aquatics is finally releasing their add on t5 system, it's a t5 fixture you add your led fixture to

I run 4 T5 supplements and am running 2B+ and 2C+ right now. I'm going to try to toss a purple+ to the mix though...

Back