table corals?

scuba connor

i am seeing more and more table corals for sale online and i love trhem were is the best sight to buy a good size table coral and were did you get yours? and did it make it?

tables are difficult to care for id say find a smaller one thats not so big and compact... then let it grow out in your tank ... its seems the larger wild compact tables dont fair well in the switch over from wild to tank.... i luckily found a very small coral at the LFS that i had no idea what it was just liked the color and the price so i grabbed it now a year later its a 6" table coral very awesome.... i think reefer maddness has some nice tables now and then

Hey scuba, how much of a rush are you in? I have a frag I recieved from a local for free. Supposed to be teal (polyps are teal now) but is browned out due to his lighting. He only had VHO's on a 120 tank. When it colors up and grows a bit (growing like crazy now), I could frag a piece for you. Hopefully be a month or two.
tom

ditto on the buy small and watch grow.
tablegrowth.JPG

I love tables and hate that some are so hard to keep. I had tried my share of wild tables years ago, but have about 3 nice captive frags growing now and every one is doing great. One is a pink w/blue tip hyacinthus, another is a rainbow latistella{DFS} which is a freakin' awesome coral and another purple tipped un id'd species. The latistella was a freebie from DFS and it literally is a rainbow of colors. Pink, purple, blue, green, yellow...

ok i have a small 1" hyacinthus that has encrusted onto the plug befor i bout it but after a week in my tank it began to louse coler and is now a brown and wight so i lowerd it in my tank and its now in the middle of the tank instead of on top why isit that i have already herd from a number of ppl that tables are now doing better at the mid point in the tank instead of on top? and thats were all my corals are doing the best i can only keep a tabling nana on the verry top. could it be that my lights are to much?
i have 2 175watt 14k reef flux bulbs on my 65 gal 36 long tank

i am thinking of mooving to 2 10k XM bvulbs for better grouth and coler cause i have verry slow grouth with the 14ks

what you think?

i keep my table all the way at the bottom of my tank under phoenix's 250's and it does great and is growing fast.... heres a pic from about a month ago but u can see how low it is... basically 2"s off the sand bed

6.jpg

here is the soli i just got from a local shop.right now its white with pink tips,but im hoping that base white changes.

Picture674.jpg

Back