taking down my 150g after 5 years (boca raton)

loomisreefer

i live in boca raton and officially moving and need to take down my tank... ive sent an email out to miami aquarium to see if i can donate but i thought i put things on here too.

livestock-
huge red sea sailfin with the best color ive ever seen- 100 obo
amazing powder blue tang ive had before this tank, going on 6 years 75 obo
large yellow belly hippo tang-150 obo
3- yellow tangs ive had for 5 years - 15 obo
bunch of green chromis-free
huge tomato clown(over 6 years)-free

corals-
too many to list, probably just give most of them away to people who buy each fish

rock-
a full tank of some amazing rock, including a 20lb marshall island peice ----5 bucks a pound?

drygoods-
tank itself drilled with stand(single overflow)and canopy-500 for tank and stand??
200- for sump and filter equipment?
sump
36w uv

----ANY questions or picture requests send to dsavides86@yahoo.com

im looking for a good home for these guys, not so much concerned with selling the fish and drygoods as i am wanting to find a good home where someone can enjoy these great specimens ive cared for and carefully selected over the years. this is a great opprotunity to get some very nice fish and drygoods.

Last edited:
thanks carlosnglorida, its so hard to put prices on these little guys, i know if the right person saw my sailfin or my hippo theyd pay over 200 for them, they are not the fish you see in a store, their colors and health are above anything ive ever seen.

I would like to buy some corals if selling going to ikea this weekend let me lnow if your interested in sell cause my tank is fully stock with fish with the exception of adding some more chroms

everyone email me if you can, it goes straight to my blackberry because im not by the computer as much, already getting a lot of interest!! thanks !

as of now, powder blue, clown, chromis are spoken for.

im telling you my hippo and sailfin are the best lookin of each variety i have ever seen and have thrived in my tank for years

i will try to organize picking up corals, fish, drygoods etc when i break the tank down, maybe have a window of time for everyone to come and get their stuff. timeframe in the next week or so.

Interested in a yellow tang and possibly some corals. I work in coral springs and get otu around 5pm. Let me know if i can swing by. I also sent you a pm.

just realized i have a chiller and aqua controller jr(wave maker) its a bit overwhelming. email me and i will try to email you the pics of what your interested in. im in no rush to get the tank broken down but would like to do it within the next week or so.

spoken for- yellow tangs, chromis, powder blue, clown.

I posted yesterday as well as pmed you so im not sure if all the yellow tangs are spoken for or if one of them was for me? have not received a response yet.

just realized i have a chiller and aqua controller jr(wave maker) its a bit overwhelming. email me and i will try to email you the pics of what your interested in. im in no rush to get the tank broken down but would like to do it within the next week or so.

spoken for- yellow tangs, chromis, powder blue, clown.

Yea, I emailed him earlier too, and would love a yellow tang, but he hasn't been back on since.

Hopefully there is enough for both of us :)

I posted yesterday as well as pmed you so im not sure if all the yellow tangs are spoken for or if one of them was for me? have not received a response yet.

DOES ANYONE WANT ROCK??????

i am sorry i havnt gotten back to everyone, i told people to email me, so PMs are not what i answer first because the emails go right to my phone. what i am trying to do is break down the tank next week or so and have people come by to get their fish and corals/drygoods. but i cant just sell a single fish out of the tank like right now because there is so much rock, so to sell one fish i have to sell them all so i can break everything down and keep the fish the healthiest i can.

ok spoken for(and this was by a first come first serve basis)

yellow tangs
powder blue
chromis
clownfish

still available-
desardijni sailfin(although someone recently inquired)
yellow bellow blue hippo
all my rock- its amazing rock, i have one 20 lb marshall island piece its stunning

corals left-
purple fungia plate (spoken for)
huge cinnamon polyps green and blue(rare)
big colony of green button polyps i will just give them to someone(spoken for)

drygoods-
tank/stand/canopy/lights(2, 36in fixtures each with 2 150w hqi)-$600!!
probe chiller
skimmer(spoken for now)
little giant pump
1- mag drive 1200s
aqua controller jr wave maker

im sure im forgetting something... i would like for everyone to come next weekend if possible...maybe saturday or sunday to pick up what they have claimed? hopefully this works and gives us all ample time to prepare.

Last edited:
Back