Taking Down the 175 gallon (picture intensive)

vanmle

In Memoriam
I decided to wage a final and hopefully winning battle against majanoes so I took my 175 down. I also want to remove scratches.

Here is a picture of it being worked on. I am sanding out the scratches.

IMG_6021.jpg

I moved most of my fish to the new 120 gallon I purchased. It is alot brighter in real life than in the picture. Notice that there are lots of tangs and not all of them are in the picture. They are all doing great.

IMG_6055.jpg

I moved my corals to another holding tank. Here are some top down view. I can't see through the side of the coral holding tank very well. The corals are also in a 120 gallon tank.

Here is the very bright orange cap with lots of polyps. I included a standard orange cap frag I had at the bottom of the picture for reference. Notice the difference between the two orange.

IMG_6097.jpg

Green with blue polyp cap

IMG_6059.jpg

Here is an orange cap with pink polyps

IMG_6073.jpg

Another view of the green cap with the green mille and orange crush

IMG_6093.jpg

Here is my wall hammer

IMG_6083.jpg

Pink with hair mille

IMG_6072.jpg

Teal mille - this one is really pretty in real life

IMG_6070.jpg

aqua with red stripes and purple mouth acan lords

IMG_6063.jpg

Last edited:
Aqua green with pink tips saramentosa (I think). It is a tabling one. Very pretty.

IMG_6071.jpg

A beautiful teal stag.

IMG_6068.jpg

It under under too direct light so it washed out. Christmas tree favia.

IMG_6112.jpg

Tabling acro, small colony of echinata, green spongode and green slimer.

IMG_6096.jpg

Neon green digi. I think this is brighter than most green digis.

IMG_6067.jpg

Blue echinata turned a little brown after being in the temp tank for about three weeks.
IMG_6105.jpg

Here is the progress so far:

Stand sanded and painted. Will work on the skins in the next few weeks.

IMG_6115.jpg

Tank has been polished

IMG_6116.jpg

Rock being cooked and removed of algae and majano

IMG_6117.jpg

Nice. I miss my sarmentosa.

Your polished aquarium looks great. I will look you up when I start that task.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=14129424#post14129424 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by kirstenk
Nice. I miss my sarmentosa.

Your polished aquarium looks great. I will look you up when I start that task.

Sure. It is not as hard as you would think. It just takes some elbow grease. I didn't get every scratch out but most of it.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=14129844#post14129844 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by vanmle

Whenever you want a frag of the saramentosa, let me know. I can bring one to PROP if you want. I like tabling acros.

Sure, whenever you are ready to work on your tank. And if it is only on the outside, you can do it whenever. You don't have to take your tank down. It is not as hard as you would think. It just takes some elbow grease. I didn't get every scratch out but most of it.

Back