talked to ewthegreat (eric) today

Status
Not open for further replies.

brad2048

He said he was kicked because someone reported his signature to RC. Said he was trying to get them to revoke it today. lol I thought it was

Last edited by a moderator:
It's because they didn't like his skimmer cup sig so he changed it. Last I saw it said I think it's gonna rain or something like that. Then one of the mods/admin changed it to worse then anything anyone has probably ever said on here. Something you wouldn't want your kids to repeat. If anyone caught his email addy when the mod/admin put it out there, he said to email him.

Gone but not forgotten :)

funny thing is I know him, but never knew that he was ewthegreat on this forum until I talked to him today lol

I am pretty sure somoene has a print screen of what was put up there.

It's amazing they locked my thread when I was trying to talk about this.

I love this community but I feel like I have to watch every little thing I say in fear of retaliation and censorship.

I know there has to be rules but there should be some sort of democracy. Not just one person having all the power and you having no recourse.

inbeforethelock3zd.jpg

Unfortuantely, even if the mods make a bad decision, were the ones that have to suffer. We lost a member b/c of a mod. I don't know the whole story, but from my encounters with the mods, they don't
quoties.gif
have time
quoties.gif
to deal with us. It should be a little more lenient towards people's attitudes on this forum. This isn't like backtalking your mom where it's a one sided conversation. This is a public forum w/ lots of different personalites and opinions. We have alcoholics, heroin addicts, drug abusers, gang bangers, so on and so forth on this forum. I don't think that a difference of opinoin should just be swept under the rug.

Hopefuly, I won't be banned when
whacky086.gif

I've been on a lot of forums.. this site is by far the most strict I've ever seen.

Almost communistic.

It is pretty simple.. We either pay by their rules, or we go elsewhere.

TBRC has is on forums, they are not heavily used, because most members are here. I have full control over there, we can build as many forums as we want. I have no poured my time and energy into the boards, because they are not used that much. I can change the look, I can add boards, we can even have a lounge area, talk about all the non reef stuff we are into... Even can have a politics board for those wanting to have that discussion (keep it on that board).

Thing is, people like it here, it is the devil they know. The other clubs come here looking for us, RC is BIG and as a result, we get traffic here that our little club site would not get on its own.

Talk to me, if you want changes...If there is a desire, I can find time.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=12923622#post12923622 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by kingnai

I know there has to be rules but there should be some sort of democracy. Not just one person having all the power and you having no recourse.
/6493/inbeforethelock3zd.jpg[/IMG]

You have to remember that this is a busniess. You are visiting their store, in that store they have the right to set the parameters that you must stay within. If you get to close to the edge, or go over a line, they will let you know. Democracy is not the right word, it is capitalism. Democracy is a form of government, here we are influenced buy the rules of capitalism, the almighty dollar.

Once again...this is a PRIVATELY owned, for PROFIT forum. The rules are set up so that all ages, nationalities, religions, etc...can feel comfortable reading and posting. That causes businesses to want to PAY to advertise here, which creates MONEY for the owner. That's called the AMERICAN way. You have NO RIGHT to freedom of speech here...this is a PRIVATELY owned forum. I've been disclipined more than most for my remarks on here, but I got what I deserved at the time, because the RULES are created by, interpreted by, and reinforced by the MODS, not us. If you don't like it here, enter a new address and hit enter.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=12923577#post12923577 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by brad2048
funny thing is I know him, but never knew that he was ewthegreat on this forum until I talked to him today lol

Me too. I talked to him yesterday. Very nice guy.

Why does this have to continue to be brought up?

All any of you are doing is speculating as to the reasons for the member's suspension. We aren't going to publicly fight a battle about a suspended member. That isn't the way it works. We won't discuss any of your accounts publicly, and we aren't going to discuss the reasons in this case. Suffice it to say that actions in public view are not always the reasons someone is suspended.

Is it too much to ask that we get back to reefing?

Brad2048, your post has been edited. Please find a better choice of words.

Brian,
That is the problem with Clubs, we are not a collection of screen names. We are all friends, we see each other on a normal basis. It is just not about reefing for us, reefing is just part of our common bond.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=12926893#post12926893 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by WarDaddy
Brian,
That is the problem with Clubs, we are not a collection of screen names. We are all friends, we see each other on a normal basis. It is just not about reefing for us, reefing is just part of our common bond.

Agreed!

Why should I pay attention to a person who can't spell their name right?

;)

Trust me, I understand that. That is the reason we don't moderate clubs forums that are local to us. The fact that we are impartial is a positive attribute, however. While you are judging this situation in support of a friend, we are upholding the rules in an impartial fashion.

Before anyone gets too worked up, the particular transgression in this situation doesn't warrant a permanent suspension. All the member has to do is contact a moderator at username@reefcentral.com, and I am sure something can be resolved.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=12926943#post12926943 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by BrianD
Why should I pay attention to a person who can't spell their name right?

;).

ooooooohhhhhhh :eek: funny :lol:

People usually spell my name "Brain".

I can't argue with them.

:lol:

Brian,
I think that post was more for the group than you. I know you guys do the best you can, it is a tough position, especially with the clubs. Some times we get very emotional about seeing our friends getting "in trouble". You have a thankless job, so let me say thinks!

It actually means something to see you simply say, hey, it was not that bad, guy just needs to contact us. Of course, he needs to be cooled down and levelheaded before contacting you, because if not, it can get worse fast.

Anyway, thanks for the heads up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back