Tang experiment

Randy15

In anyone's experience has it been possible to combine a purple tang with a yellow tang in a 120? I have had my yellow for over 2 years and he seems to be pretty accepting of new tank mates in past experiences. Although I haven't really added much in his range of similar species. The closest I've done is a copperband that he paid little attention to. I used the mirror trick that worked well. I am planning on adding a larger purple tang in the near future in this fashion. First acclimating the fish in proper fashion as far as water parameters and such, then leaving new tang in a suspended mesh box for a few days to introduce each other. Then releasing the purple and monitoring the interaction over a few days to see the reaction. Has anyone tried this with any experience?

I adopted a yellow, purple, and sailfin that were [miraculously] living together. Once moved as a trio things did not go as well and I had to separate all of them.

purple and yellow should not be put in the same tank, sorry!

In a 120 ..Nope Purple tangs are $100.+ fish putting it with another dominant Zebrasoma in a small space is a bad idea..

I have a purple a yellow and a sail fin in my 180 and all get along great and with a coral beauty, mandarin, yellow wrasse,4 blue cromis

Yeah. I figured I'd entertain the idea but assumed the yellow will have to be removed. Hard to capture fish, even harder to capture angry ones IME haha

Back