Tangerine Albino Ocellaris

k.tran

Un-Registered Member
I heard these are hitting the market. Anyone going to buy any?

67.jpg

LeLutinBanni

Albinism (from Latin albus, "white"; see extended etymology, also called achromia, achromasia, or achromatosis) is a congenital disorder characterized by the complete or partial absence of pigment in the skin, hair and eyes due to absence or defect of an enzyme involved in the production of melanin. Albinism results from inheritance of recessive gene alleles and is known to affect all vertebrates, including humans.

So...Normally no

Reef1589

Anemones for life
wasnt there a pair? or single? that sold for 2000+ in some other country?

i said it in the post that brought up a couple months ago, and ill say it again.. they look like zombies..

6tcr4i.jpg

t02kb8.jpg

bues0022

Who is "we" and where are they for sale?

Any more information on these? They look similar to the albino strain produced in SA, but brighter orange. What are the parents, lineage, breeder?

Kent D.

Those "zomibe" clowns are different than the tangerine. I have seen a pair go for $800 for the tangerine ocellaris in the NY area. They are nice but to me too pricey. Proaquatix are the breeders/wholesaler for these fish.

velvetelvis

Honestly, I think the tangerine albinos are prettier than a lot of the designer morphs I've seen. They have nice clear markings and a healthy shape. The "zombie" albinos don't look good because they don't look as healthy--their bodies look unnaturally humpbacked.

It's all just a matter of preference...for example, no offense meant to anyone who has them and loves them, but I think Wyoming whites and platinum percs are ugly.

Reef1589

Anemones for life