Tank has been on it's own for a year. Here's what's left

That actually looks decent after the cleaning! I’m assuming you just topped off the water and fed for that year?

Yes. I stopped doing water changes about 10 years ago. Made the tank more stable, IMO. I've also always used tap water from the sink for top off. I have an RO but I think the corals like the tap more. Maybe more calcium in our water? I feed the RBTA about 2-3 times a year. The fish about once ever 2-3 days. I've gone as long as a week or two with no issues. It sounds like it shouldn't work but it does.

What size tank is this?

You have yellow sun corals doing well. Supposedly, those need fed like anemones. How does anyone here account for this? I do water changes in my 90 gal. assiduously. Your tank looks much better. This is really pi**ing me off.

This entire video disturbs me. It seems everything I know is wrong.

What size tank is this?

You have yellow sun corals doing well. Supposedly, those need fed like anemones. How does anyone here account for this? I do water changes in my 90 gal. assiduously. Your tank looks much better. This is really pi**ing me off.

stability my man. Im willing to bet in 10 years your tank will look WAYYYYY better if you keep it up. Do you really have a worst looking tank?

What size tank is this?

Those aren't sun corals, they're just yellow polyps.

Yes. I stopped doing water changes about 10 years ago. Made the tank more stable, IMO. I've also always used tap water from the sink for top off. I have an RO but I think the corals like the tap more. Maybe more calcium in our water? I feed the RBTA about 2-3 times a year. The fish about once ever 2-3 days. I've gone as long as a week or two with no issues. It sounds like it shouldn't work but it does.

Do you have your own well water? I do, and I've always used that, no RO. Other than algae from neglect and not enough flow everything seemed fine. I just sold my tank (to upgrade) and told the guy of my tank neglect and he didn't believe me! Lol.
I was thinking of having my water tested, have you ever done that?
Can't wait to get my "œnew" (used) 90 up and running. I think you're tank is beautiful! Those are my favorite types of corals in there(anything that's flowy)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

stability my man. Im willing to bet in 10 years your tank will look WAYYYYY better if you keep it up. Do you really have a worst looking tank?

Not bad looking, but all sps die and lps do not thrive. When I first set up the tank a few years ago, LPS grew like crazy. Not, not so much. Parameters are fine, I used to test frequently.

Back