I just added over the last 3 months
yellow faced Moray
Niger Trigger
dog face puffer
cortez ray
Huge red angler
rainbow wrase

everyone is eating and doing fine

I wanted to add a clown trigger but after reading all the threads have decided not too.

I would like something with color and that will be out all the time.
My ray is always out so is the wrasse

any suggestions??

I have been hatching bamboo sharks with my kids for the last few months and selling them to LFS

I do have a leather coral that is doing splendid!!

thanks for your suggestions

Sorry, but IMO you're already overstocked with a poor mix of fish.

I'm amazed that the ray is still in one piece with that crew. I'd also be worried that the angler (if he's truly huge) would try to eat one of his "friends" possibly killing both of them in the process and that's if the angler doesn't get mauled by the puffer and trigger first. Hopefully I'm wrong and they all live a long and happy life under your care. Good luck.

Erik come on....
Ray Ray is happy and is in charge of his tank. My dog face is crazy docile and has not picked on anyone.

I am always open to moving things out but so far, it has been perfect in my fish tank world :celeb1:

there has to be something i can add

maybe he isnt huge?? photo.jpg

anglers are not comfortable with other predators.Being an ambush predator they like pefect calm .They will eat anything that is smaller then themselves

i already did more research and listed him this morning on craigslist...
I will hate to see him go he is so cool

Erik come on....
Ray Ray is happy and is in charge of his tank. My dog face is crazy docile and has not picked on anyone.

I am always open to moving things out but so far, it has been perfect in my fish tank world :celeb1:

there has to be something i can add

Ray Ray is going to grow to be about a foot in diameter and can reach over 18 inches in length with the tail. If well fed (depending on individual genetics) he could reach this size in 12 months. They need a LOT of sandy area and swimming room. Rays tend to get picked at by triggers and other fish.

Not sure of the species of eel you have but if its what I think it is, that guy can grow to over 3 feet long and will eat smaller tank mates.

Dogface puffers can be very docile, but they can also get curious and, when you don't have hands, the only way to check things out is to take a bite!

Last edited:
Back