Tank of the Month - September 2007

mandarine looks familiar

IMG_3247.JPG

Incredible tank! I'm in awe of how well thought out your tank is considering the space requirements and dimensions!

Incredible!

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=10803131#post10803131 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by DaMonkey
Incredible tank! I'm in awe of how well thought out your tank is considering the space requirements and dimensions!

Incredible!

Thank you.!!!...We didn't have a lot of room to work with. when I started to plan the project everything had to fit just like a puzzle.....

Thx's again..
Mike:rollface:

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=10784999#post10784999 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Chip Douglas
Mike would you say that your tank is essentially barebottom with a refugium running? I know that you had stated a lot of your sand got pushed to the back from the flow in the tank, so I was curious if you considered it a functional sandbed still or if you considered your tank to be a barebottom. Thanks for any info!

Sorry Chip I missed your post.. I still have a sand bed even though it is all in the back of the tank..I personally don't like bare bottom tanks. They may work for other people but I feel that you need some sand in your main system..The sand bed houses many little creatures that helps maintain our systems...Also if you want to house wrasses you will need to run sand just for them...This Is just my thoughts on the sand bed debate...There are a lot of nice tanks out there with no sand at all...I hope this helps...

Heliofungia ??

Heliofungia ??

First off, great tank. I had the opportunity to talk to you briefly at Scott's a few months back, and I appreciated all the advice you gave me. I have one question for you. Is that a long-tentacle plate coral that I saw in one of your pictures (green with white tips)? I had one that was very healthy, then put more flow in the tank (6055). The extra flow stressed the plate, and now he is succumbing to an what appears to be a brown jelly infection.

Great tank! I'm about to put 400 watt reeflux 12ks on my 320g tank (was thinking about upgrading from my 250s and your tank cinched it).

I was wondering how far above the tank you have the actual bulb.

Thanks!

Mike

Congratulations on a beautiful tank!

I am upgrading my lighting to reeflux bulbs and was wondering if you had any pictures of your tank with the 10k bulbs? Were these at all yellow?

Thanks for the help and well done on a great tank!

Simon

Hi Mike. Please forgive me if you already addressed this, but I did not see it. Is the 400-watt 10K ReefLux bulbs you use single ended or double ended? I am considering switching from my XM, 400 W single ended 10K's. I would like to try another bulb.

BTW, the tank looks great!!

Thanks!

Re: Heliofungia ??

Re: Heliofungia ??

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=10813764#post10813764 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by jrbiala
First off, great tank. I had the opportunity to talk to you briefly at Scott's a few months back, and I appreciated all the advice you gave me. I have one question for you. Is that a long-tentacle plate coral that I saw in one of your pictures (green with white tips)? I had one that was very healthy, then put more flow in the tank (6055). The extra flow stressed the plate, and now he is succumbing to an what appears to be a brown jelly infection.

Thx's again for the kind comment's...The coral is actually a Torch coral not a plate...Have you tried dipping your plate in some Lugol's to help with the infection? This may help...If you have another questions feel free to ask.......

Thx's

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=10816841#post10816841 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by mpdharley
Great tank! I'm about to put 400 watt reeflux 12ks on my 320g tank (was thinking about upgrading from my 250s and your tank cinched it).

I was wondering how far above the tank you have the actual bulb.

Thanks!

Mike

The bulb is 9-10inch's from the top of the water....I measured from the bottom of the bulb not the fixture....

Thx's again..

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=10819545#post10819545 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by simoncbarnes
Congratulations on a beautiful tank!

I am upgrading my lighting to reeflux bulbs and was wondering if you had any pictures of your tank with the 10k bulbs? Were these at all yellow?

Thanks for the help and well done on a great tank!

Simon

No I don't have any pic's with the 10k's...I ran the 10k's with the coralvue ballast and liked the color I didn't think they were to yellow...I would say more white..

Thx's

again

Mike

There are not enough sufficient words to describe the beauty and amazing corner of oceanic majesty that you have captured and cultivated in your home!!! My husband and I are in complete and utter awe!!! " We're not worthy- We're not worthy" !!!!!

Mike -absolutely stunning!!! The fish-the corals-the stand your wife built-the photography-the write up about your tank--truly amazing!! The mixture of all the colors is beautiful!! Congratulations and keep up the excellent hard work.
jolene

absolutely amazing. as a newcomer (to corals) and really getting into the hobby it's nice to have something to dream about. I'll settle for my 55 right now but having that explanation and tank to look at is amazazing!!

Without a doubt, one of the most spectacular systems I have ever seen, a true and utter beauty...

Thank you for sharing it with us...

John

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=10824077#post10824077 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by mcabeeaug20
There are not enough sufficient words to describe the beauty and amazing corner of oceanic majesty that you have captured and cultivated in your home!!! My husband and I are in complete and utter awe!!! " We're not worthy- We're not worthy" !!!!!

Thank you verry much....mcabeeaug...

Back