Tank, Stand, Sump, Canopy, Overflow and Return for sale! Xtra cheap

socalmiket

Hey all,

I decided not to try and refinish my acrylic tank before selling. Now I just want it gone.

Here is the deal, if someone wants everything and can pick it up in the next week, it's $250 for all (tank is free basically)...

After one week from today I will part out first come first served.

Why so cheap???

Tank - It's a clear for life I think, they call it a 120, but it's more like 108 gallons (60 x 24 x 18 - I believe it is 1/2" acrylic but may be smaller.

Condition: The front has a lot of scratches, but when filled doesn't look too horrible if clean, the left side is a little worse off, but still was cleaning up nice before I tore it down. The back is black so I didn't care about scratching it, although it doesn't look too bad to me (and it's black)

The right side however, was never cleaned for about 4 years, and the urchins really tore up the surface, it feels more like sandpaper than acrylic, it will need some serious refinishing with the wet sandpaper, totally doable, I even have a used refinishing kit I can throw in the deal, too busy with the day job to spend hours refinishing a tank just for sale... my lazyness is your gain.

Like all the acrylic tanks of this design it bows a little when filled, even my 20 gallon clear for life did that. It's been that way for the 5+ years I had it setup.

Empty open top canopy included.

Tank is $100

IMG_6381.JPG

IMG_6382.JPG

IMG_6383.JPG

IMG_6387.JPG

Stand - This was a custom steel stand I got from the guy who gave me the entire setup in 07. It is 2" boxed steel (heavy stuff) except the bottom which is a not boxed but like an "L". There is no center brace which is super awesome.

It is 30.5" high. There is a wooden base the sump sits on. You can fit a 24"-26" skimmer depending on the sump used and water depth.

Condition: Rusty, the powder coating (if it even was powdercoating) is falling off, and lots of rust from being closed up with a sump inside. The rust is just on the outside though, stand is still super solid. But it will need some rust removal and be re-coated/painted, or not...

The top is some pretty lame plywood, It is what I used the last 5 years, but I would replace it with some 3/4 plywood for better support.

There are doors (velcro) for the front and one side (the other side was hacked for RO access). The doors are starting to get pretty beat up, but still look OK. New velcro, or some other method of holding them up would be a good thing though.

Stand is $100

IMG_6386.JPG

Sump is a 40 breeder converted to a DIY sump, water flows in the right, through a bubble trap into the skimmer section (right), overflows to the return section (center). There is a left section that I used as a refugium (A pump took water from the return section to the refugium). I removed the baffle on the fuge side to gain more room in the center and I didn't have problems as my fuge flow was slow.

Back and bottom are painted black.

There is a 2" skimmer stand included to raise the skimmer (to 9-10" deep I think).

Sump is $50

IMG_6389.JPG

IMG_6388.JPG

Return pump is a Mag 9.5, probably 2 years old. Works great.

Mag 9.5 is $50

IMG_6390.JPG

HOB overflow (LifeReef 1200 gph, dual 1")

The internal overflow box is pretty scratched up, but could be polished out if needed. This was a great overflow, handles a ton of water, never broke siphon, never leaked or caused a flood (using it last 5 years). Comes with some 1" soft tube.

Lifereef overflow is $50

(you can see it inside the tank above)

- Like I said above, only taking offers for the entire setup at a discount for the next week, after that it's first come first served for each item.

- Thanks,
MikeT

OK, it's been a week, selling everything separate.

New prices:
- Tank and canopy = FREE! just take it away!
- Steel Stand w doors = $75 (just needs a sanding and some paint)
- 40b DIY sump = $40
- Mag 9.5 = $40
- Lifereef dual overflow = $40

- MikeT

nikecivic got the first PM to me (and first post on here) so he gets first dibs on the free tank... 2nd in line is bullitr if anything falls through.

No shipping for that overflow unless you want to pay an additional $20ish for shipping (not small or light, and I would have to cut off the hoses). PM me if still interested.

- MikeT

Updates...

- Tank is pending pickup
- Overflow is pending pickup

Some interest in the stand and pump, but send me PM if interested and you will be next in line.

- MikeT

Update:

Mag 9.5 = sold!
LifeReef Dual Overflow = sold!
Tank = pending pickup tomorrow
Stand = available $75
Sump = available $40

- Thanks all,
MikeT

Back