Tank Transfer 20 Gallon to 20 Gallon

zaitmi

My old 20 gallon cube does not has rear chambers. So i have made a new 20 gallon cube tank with rear chambers for back filtration to keep equipments. I love neat look.

My old tank is running from last 3 months.

I have 1 chromis,
1 yellow watchman goby,
recently added 1 frogspawn which is not opening from last 2 weeks
1 bubble tip anemone.
1 tube worm also.

Now the questions :

My sand is 1 year old but i washed it 3 months back. My water paras are all under limit now.

Can i just transfer everything like i am worried about my sand. if they release toxins to my new tank.:(

Kindly answer quickly as the transfer work will start tonight.(10% new water ready for emergency)

Thanks in Advance.

You should either wash/fush it again with saltwater or use new sand. If you try to reuse it as you are going to stir up all the detritus and raise your nitrate levels along with the risk of starting a new cycle.

I would just give the old sand a good rinse with the garden hose and use it again. It's basically brand new sand now.

You should either wash/fush it again with saltwater or use new sand. If you try to reuse it as you are going to stir up all the detritus and raise your nitrate levels along with the risk of starting a new cycle.

Yes! Definitely do this! I reused sand from a craigslist tank a few months ago and couldn't get be levels under control. Turns out the sand was beyond nasty, and filled with detrius.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Back