Alright, so I put my first fish (2 onyx clowns) into QT 2 days ago. I have an ammonia alert badge in the tank which is still showing it is fine. Well I noticed one of the clowns breathing heavy and falling on its side (don't know what that means, but it doesn't look good to a newbie) a few minutes ago. So, I tested it with an API ammonia kit and it showed .5ppm (which I know is toxic). Is my alert badge wrong, my API test wrong, or what is with the fishes behavior. If my ammonia is actually .5ppm are they dead even if I get it back to 0. I put some prime in as an emergency measure. I thought with the Tank Transfer Method that you didn't need to worry about ammonia? I have a powerhead moving the surface of the water pretty rapidly, is that enough for oxygen levels for the tank. Thanks. I would hate to have a loss on my first try. Any insight or help would be appreciated.