Tank Update

That stinks. It's been a long time since I've had Acros. When did the black bugs enter the hobby? I remember the dreaded red bugs, but don't know much about the black bugs.

Revive will knock them off of any frags or pieces that can be removed from the tank and dipped.

Really, as in Dr. Tim's Revive? So, using that as a dip on new corals would work?
No, Julian Sprung. Two little Fishies Revive. It's a coral dip.

revive_coral_cleaner_dip.jpg

Been toughing it out. Lost a number of coral but slowed down a bit I think. My birdsnest is doing great, same with a few others. I took the plunge into Euphyllia, the torches are so cool. Who would have thought I would like them??? :ROFLMAO:

IMG_2539.jpeg

IMG_2563.jpeg

IMG_2564.jpeg

IMG_2565.jpeg

IMG_2560.jpeg

IMG_2561.jpeg

IMG_2558.jpeg

My wife loves torches. Just be mindful that torches are known to sting other Euphyllia

Hit some snags with the tank, specifically SPS. I believe I may have the dreaded black bugs. Nearly impossible to get rid of. Half of my corals have died, from the base up losing color then the tissue. It sucks. Since they are so tough to get rid of I will see how things eventually turn out. Fish seem to be doing fine. Maybe I will look into some LPS at some point? :(
Did you ever figure out what the SPS losses were caused by? Did you do anything to rectify or did it just work itself out?

Back