Tank Update

MtnDewMan

Premium Member
Couple of months in on my endeavor back into the hobby, not too bad so far. Algae issues here and there, getting used to LED lights versus metal halides. But things are going okay.

1AF5556F-B8DB-4CC3-9C2B-B3667A428B73_1_201_a.jpeg

Cool! Really nice growth on the sps so far for a couple of months. Is that a 60 70 cube, or something thereabouts?

Looking really good. I’m glad to see growth space instead of every inch covered in frags 😁

Couple of months in on my endeavor back into the hobby, not too bad so far. Algae issues here and there, getting used to LED lights versus metal halides. But things are going okay.

View attachment 32371306
Looks good. I'm curious what LEDs you are using? I need to setup a 20 gallon to separate out some corals and I'm flipping and flopping on expensive vs cheap light options...

Looks good. I'm curious what LEDs you are using? I need to setup a 20 gallon to separate out some corals and I'm flipping and flopping on expensive vs cheap light options...
I am currently using Ecotech Radion XR15 G5 Blue lights. Since I tend toward SPS, I wanted a light that would definitely be sufficient. I like how they look when there is enough white LED added to it. I am recently trying out what they call AB+ which is all LED colors on.

I am currently using Ecotech Radion XR15 G5 Blue lights. Since I tend toward SPS, I wanted a light that would definitely be sufficient. I like how they look when there is enough white LED added to it. I am recently trying out what they call AB+ which is all LED colors on.
Thanks. They are 15% off till May 5 ( as well as the AI Hydra 32) so it's one of my considerations (the pro not the blue). I won't really need that much punch for this 20 which will be all zoas, but I'm thinking of the future as well.

Last edited:
iPhone 13 mini, I need to get a real camera again. I have been so lazy due to the smartphone.
iPhones in general take better aquarium pictures it seems. I've seen some pretty phenomenal tank shots taken with the Google Pixel as well. Taking good tank shots eludes me even with a DSLR. Yours look great!

iPhones in general take better aquarium pictures it seems. I've seen some pretty phenomenal tank shots taken with the Google Pixel as well. Taking good tank shots eludes me even with a DSLR. Yours look great!
I agree. Aquarium lighting throws off most cameras. I recently purchased a Sony Cyber-shot RX100 VII. I haven't really tried much other than auto mode yet. The pdf manual is over 600 pages 🤦‍♂️

Just meaning that I turn up the white on the spectrum. Too blue with lower white light. I am so used to 10000k back in my day that I just can't look at a blue tank all day :)
Do you feel that the Pro model is a better choice than the Blue model?

Back