tank upgrade

lizie58

need suggestions on moving everything in my 75 to my 125 i shouldve just setup it to begin with will the 125 cycle if i use all sand and live rock without adding any new and use all water except what i have to make. will everything be ok in bins for a day or two or week if i decide to put it where 75 is and have to tear down and setup hoping to put it in diff spot and complety set it up before move to transfer right over to it thanks

We just upgraded to a 180 from a 90. As long as you have a heater and flow in the containers all your livestock should be ok, though I personally wouldnt leave them there for a week. If you are wanting to put the new tank where the current one is it shouldnt be too hard to do in a day, really. Just have plenty of containers to drain all water into it. If you have enough buckets, your live rock should go into water immediatly. Once you have all water, livestock, and live rock out you can swap the tanks into place. Then start replacing water. What we did was halfway fill the new tank with new salt water, replace the live rock, replace the old tank water into new tank, then return all livestock. It wasnt an easy task, it was quite stressful. We only lost one cleaner shrimp, so I feel it was a success. Good luck!

tank is full have four blue green chromis, marine betta, purple peusdochromis, and a goby, over thirty corals mostly frags and sps and what im worried about three clams

If you need a week just take your fish over to the lfs. Then simply pretend your restocking(QT) so you know the fish didn't get anything over their vacation. That is simply how my upgrade is going to go in a few years.

Back