Tearing down 90 gallon

lukinrats

Premium Member
I need some help coming up with a plan... I will be getting a new sump in a few days, and also will be getting new carpet installed on Monday... I have to take down my tank to drill it, and install the sump, etc... I also have to take it down to let them install the carpet.
I am going to leave all my livestock, and most live rock in another container until all of this is over... I was thinking of just getting a large rubbermaid container to use, but am un-sure... The corals that I have are mostly Zoo's and Ric's... I also have 4 fish, one of which is a Sahol Tang, so I want them to be happy as well
Has anyone had to do this recently?
Can anyone please help me come up with a plan?

Thanks,
Nathan

When I moved from my 36 gallon to a 58g, i used a rubbermaid storage tub to house my live rock, corals and fish for a couple of days so I could get everything set up again.

Thanks, that is what I think I am going to do... I just want to make sure that everything will be ok... It will probably be a good bit of time that they will be in there... I will just have to watch everything really close, and keep parameters kept up... I think!!

when i moved my 125 i used rubermaid trash cans but i was told that they use oil to keep them from sticking together and to use liners in them it worked for me

Oh, I have a suggestion for you. I'm not sure if it matters or not since Ive never had a saltwater fish...yet.
To cover the top of the tank, use a screen. You know the screen that does't let bugs get inside the house. Well, if you have any spare use it on the top of the container.

Hulley-- Hopefully I am talking about 1 week maximum, and @ the most like 1.5 weeks

Thanks for all the great suggestions... I hope I can get all of this done without causing any problems

I would say just put it in a rubbermaid container. As long as you give them the basics, (a heater, light, water movement) they should be just fine.

Back