TEK Elite 6 bulb Fixture

krzyphsygy

Hey all, I was thinking of getting this fixture for my 90gal AGA tank 48x18x24. I want to run a mixed reef with alot of SPS as well. Also with Clams at the bottom of the tank. My live rock will be a mixture of some high structures, but alot of low structures. I have 130lbs of rock, but want to use a really open setting with the rock and wont use all of it.

The stats say SPS dominated at 80gal. So I am not sure if this will be enough light for the tank.

Anyone running this light on a similar setting? What are your opinions on this?

I could go with the 8 bulb but wanted to keep wattage down as much as possible.

I appreciate your thoughts on this.

Thanks

I run this very fixture on my 90g. I have no problems what so ever. I recommend using a fan to blow across the bulbs. It's not the Porche of lighting fixtures. But it is a very solid fixture. I am very happy with mine.

I run this very fixture on my 90g. I have no problems what so ever. I recommend using a fan to blow across the bulbs. It's not the Porche of lighting fixtures. But it is a very solid fixture. I am very happy with mine.

Awesome, so what types of corals do you keep in the tank?
Is yours used on the mounting legs or hung from the ceiling?
Do you have any clams? How about led lunars or anything like that?
How do your corals on the sand bed do?

Sorry for all the questions.

Awesome, so what types of corals do you keep in the tank?
Is yours used on the mounting legs or hung from the ceiling?
Do you have any clams? How about led lunars or anything like that?
How do your corals on the sand bed do?

Sorry for all the questions.

No worries. That's what we are here for. I have a mix of everything in that tank. Mainly LPS & Zoa with 2 Maxima & 1 Crocea. Haddoni carpet at the very bottom who is very happy. Been using the fixture for nearly a year now. Everything is happy as a clam

:spin2:

I'll see if I can snap off a picture or 2 for you to see

Yea, I was thinkiing the same thing. So whats the differance with a 8 bulb fixture.......is that overkill for a 90 gallon. Anyone running the 8 bulbs on a 90?

I run a 6-bulb TEK (not an elite) on my 120 and have no problems with sps in the upper 2/3 of the tank. I haven't placed any on the bottom yet but I'm sure they would do fine.

With 6" less depth you can do SPS with no problem

I had the regular version of the light on a 90g and it was awesome. can keep acros on the bottom with no issue if light is within 4-5 inches from surface.

Back