Temperature controller

brian@sen

I am going to attempt a DIY temp controller. I have done some research and found plans to build temp probes and circuits that I can connect to my home control system via RS-232 so I can display temps on my LCD touchscreen. The programming and circuit build will be easy. However finding the electronic parts might be fun. So here is my question other than RadioShack does anyone know of a good electronics store in the valley that I can purchase components from. I know of one but it is in Huntington and I am not sure they sell the ICs and crystals that are needed. I have already checked Radshacks website and they do not have most of the components needed. I looked on E-bay and no one has the ICs needed. I found them on the web for sale at reasonable prices till you figure in S&H. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Just to update anyone who is interested the place in Huntington has alot of components for the DIY'er but they don't have all that I need. According to every electronics dealer listed in the phone book if the place in Huntington doesn't have it I will have to do an internet purchase. I finally found a website that has all the components needed so hopefully shipping won't be that bad. Unlike ebay where 1 person wanted to charge $8 to ship 1 transistor from NC to WV.

Just FYI, I am interested in reading about your DIY!

Imagine, someone on ebay wanting to scam someone on shipping!!! Unheard of! hehe

There is an electronic parts supplier that I used to order from. I can't remember their name off hand, but they had everything and their shipping was pretty cheap. I'm sure I'll remember the name sometime.

Back