Temporary lighting question

lbannie

Hey Guys! My 90 gallon is finally cycled and I have one little talbot damsel in there. I'm trying to figure out how to hang my LEDs in the canopy.
For now I have a "œreef" led light on the top.....I don't know what it's rated for...it has the tiny little square LEDs across it.
I have a few corals and 1 fish in my temp tank which is a fluval evo 13.5 with stock light
Im wondering if the l could move the corals into the big tank with the current light.
I have a torch, mushrooms, palys, goniopora, toadstool, and Xenia.
attached is a pic of temp light
What do you think??
d3c4d26d2a2bd9bb080b3443beca96de.jpg
609c7c1bd6dcc33aba47d5b49dd8e411.jpg
05a9c6a8ad53c396c0e6f4e705027775.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

0.5W LEDs that dont produce enough PAR for most corals. They may be ok for shallow tank and really low light corals, but your tank isnt shallow. Those corals may survive but wont thrive and live.

If these lights are only temporary, I would just figure out how to mount your other LEDs inside the canopy and then transfer corals in there. Keep in mind that you need to properly acclimate corals to new lights, so going from your temp tank to this one with proper LEDs will cut out one extra acclimation period.

What LEDs are you trying to figure out how to mount?

They are aquatic life expert series xs uv LEDs. They came with the tank. I probably should have made my canopy a bit taller. I need to shorten the hanging cables. The ones on it are uneven and too long. I ordered new cables, that aren't right. Really I just need to cut the cables and put new ends on them(that holds them into the screw things in light) but I'm afraid I won't do it right and light will fall into tank!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back