Temporary sump from containers

btucker7587

Had a catastrophic failure on my sump today, so i had to assemble an emergency sump with as little chemical introduction as possible. Below is a picture of the finished product. I didn't have the time to document the build seeing as I needed a new sump running.

1208492_10202338676287858_39690578_n.jpg

The white container is the intake container from the tank. It will have some filtration and my carbon pack in it. The skimmer will be to the right of it and the blue container is where the water will return to the tank. I only have a submersible pump, so I had to do that. Could have just had a bulkhead to a line to the external pump if you use that.

But there it is.

Ingenuity is the mother of invention. :thumbsup:

You may want to bag those free weights in a ziploc though. You never know what kind of cheap rubber they used to coat the in. Also, when you are done with them and put them back in your wife's exercise equipment collection, you don't want them to smell like :fish2:

Tom G

Ingenuity is the mother of invention. :thumbsup:

You may want to bag those free weights in a ziploc though. You never know what kind of cheap rubber they used to coat the in. Also, when you are done with them and put them back in your wife's exercise equipment collection, you don't want them to smell like :fish2:

Tom G

lol

I never got to use them....she snatched em up, so I grabbed a bag of marbles and mesh bagged em.

Took me about 10 minutes to even out the flow, but it is running with no issues. Was surprised that there where zero micro-bubbles outside the white can.

Back