Tenative Spring Frag Swap Date - Sat 3/7

Brian Prestwood

Premium Member
Does anyone know of any reason why MARS should not be wed to Saturday 3/7 for the spring frag swap speak now or forever hold your piece (peace?).

If you personally can't make it we're sorry to hear that but no date works for everyone. If you know of something that will prevent others from attending please let us know.

This is about half way between our February and March meeting.
We're working with NVR to make sure we don't walk on their frag swap.

We also have to avoid walking on our own garage sale event. If this date works out we'll notify the garage sale committee chair.

We've checked the MASNA website for big events. There are not listed for that weekend.

Gresham posted the following events on the BAR site...
March 1st Southwestern Coral Farmers Market
March 14th REEFstock Denver, CO
March 14th 11th annual MidWest Marine Conference March 14th CTARS frag Farmer 09

Nothing is listed on the SeaBay website or RC forums.

Last edited:
When are we planning on having the Scrap Swap btw? Before or after this date? Oh, that day looks good for the Frag Swap :D

Saturdays don't work well for me unless it started at 2. Do people hate Sunday events? No big deal just throwing it out there.
DrDoug

I haven't contacted Aqua Life yet about the garage sale but since it will be an outdoor event I really want to avoid rain(if it ever rains again in Sacramento)I am hoping for the middle to end of April. This gives everyone a chance to clean out their garage. Give me your thoughts.

what do I need to do to become a member of MARS so I can attend the swap..Im just getting back into the hobby again

Wow You guys are busy! We (Chico) were thinking about having a local one to try to get our feet wet in March/April!

Nonetheless, don't worry about our toes... most of our members didn't even attend the December one. So I'm not too worried about it.

Chris

We'll post the date as soon as we lock it down.

Karen

It sounds like 3/7 for the frag swap won't be a conflict with the garage sale. When we finalize the frag swap date we'll check with you before we announce it.

Chris - Part II

Peter and the core services gang (Kevin, Paul, Jeff, etc.) are making sure there is food on the table (the meetings occur) so the rest of us can focus on outreach activities.

My wife works for a food service supplier (SYSCO Foods), so I can probably help out with getting large quantities of food at decent pricing, if that would help.

frag swap

frag swap

let us know when its for sure have to put in for the day off thanks

Personally, I'm offended that you would try to schedule a frag swap on such an important week. If had looked it up beforehand you would know it was "National return borrowed books week". I will at my library in protest!;-)

Some schools include 3/7 in their spring break. Sacramento is ranked #2043 of the top 100 places to go for spring break. That's up from 3006 from last year. Do you think we have an issue?

We in Chico have a preliminary date of March 21 for our first swap. YAAY! :D :mixed: :rollface:

I wonder where Chico falls in line for Spring Break. I know the University kicks out all the dorm and college owned apartment people the Friday before St. Patricks day. Not really spring break but one of Chico's locally celebrated drinking holidays. Nonetheless, it tends to be one of the times outside of summer the town calms down a bit. :D

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=14206121#post14206121 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Brian Prestwood
Some schools include 3/7 in their spring break. Sacramento is ranked #2043 of the top 100 places to go for spring break. That's up from 3006 from last year. Do you think we have an issue?

hmmmm, a frag swap may move us up in spring break ranking, :lol:

Back