Thank you Neptune

acdraindrps

So each day before my halides go on, at some point I need to put a fan in my bedroom window blowing outside, close my heat vent in the room, and put a towel under my door or else my tank will overheat.

My halides go on at 4, and I left the house at 11 30 this morning and forgot to put the fan in the window. Luckily I have two fans (a desk fan over my sump and a box fan facing the front of the tank) on the same gang plug as my halides so they kept my tank somewhat cool up until about 2 hours before I got home.

Thats when my jr turned off my halides, because my tank was 82.

For those of you who don't have a controller I highly recommend looking into them.

Re: Thank you Neptune

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=14203223#post14203223 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by acdraindrps
So each day before my halides go on, at some point I need to put a fan in my bedroom window blowing outside, close my heat vent in the room, and put a towel under my door or else my tank will overheat.

I think you should submit these tasks as future enhancements to the programming. We could all use a heat vent module, towel to/from door module and with many usages the window up/down module. :lol:

Re: Re: Thank you Neptune

Re: Re: Thank you Neptune

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=14205390#post14205390 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by chrisguy
I think you should submit these tasks as future enhancements to the programming. We could all use a heat vent module, towel to/from door module and with many usages the window up/down module. :lol:

haha wouldnt that be nice? Maybe I need one of these.

Too much heat in the winter? Not something I run into Chris, but glad you had the controller hooked up.

I finished installing my Neptune controller today. It controls my temp, lights and powerheads.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=14208128#post14208128 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by KurtsReef
Too much heat in the winter? Not something I run into Chris, but glad you had the controller hooked up.

With all the pumps in such a small volume of water, I am always battling heat issues. Without the aquacontroller, I would probably have lost the battle a long time ago.

I ran into another issue with temperature just now.

I glanced at my tank and the jr said my tank was at 72! The probe actually came out of the water, and if I hadn't had the heater I use set at 82, my tank would have once again cooked. Redundancy prevails on this early morning.

Back