Thank you Reef Central Part 2)! Just a couple Pics

kookerson

I just thought I would post a few pics of my tank at the 2 month mark and some thank you's to everybody here at Reef Central. All the knowledge and help that Ive recieved from everybody this past year and a half has been proven to be invaluable, so thank you all very much! Like I said, the tank is now 2 months old, its an 75 gallon AGA with a 20 gallon sump. There are about 75 pound of LR in the tank (that I got on ebay) right now, but I plan on getting more.

First off, to everyone who thinks that you cant do any DIY projects because you dont have the tools.......almost evyerthing was done with these......I built the skimmer, did the trimming, cut the plumbing, made the eductor, drilled the sump and a couple other things with just this saw, drill and a couple other bits. I know it didnt come out TOO fancy, but it works for me and my budget...

Tools.jpg

Got this little guy from a LFS that was going out of business.....he's maybe the size of a dime....

TinyDuster.jpg

I suck at full tank shots......

Tank3.jpg

I know now that you should wait for your tank to mature before getting a scooter blenny.......but my LFS told me otherwise before I consulted RC (i broke my own rule). However, he is doing really good and accepts everything frozen that I put in there.

Scoot.jpg

Got this little rock in Los Angeles for 10 bucks......its got 5 polyps, 4 baby polyps and 2 molusks on it......not bad for 10 bucks....

Polyps.jpg

Somebody was FINALLY able to ID this guy for me as a Shadow Goby....... Also got him at the LFS that was going out of business...

Fish-3.jpg

FireFish2.jpg

FireFish.jpg

Ive been spending alot of time tending to my sun coral, even got into arguments with my wife over it......but I think its totally worth it...

SunCoral2.jpg

She is upset over the sun coral? As a woman I'd be tending to that beautiful thing as well.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=10447299#post10447299 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Grins
She is upset over the sun coral? As a woman I'd be tending to that beautiful thing as well.

She thinks I spend too much time feeding it. I manually feed it about 1 cube every day. She got over it pretty quickly though when it came out to eat and saw how cool it looks...

Back