The 6055`s are,the 6055`s are here!!!Gettin mine TODAY!!!!!!!!

Reefjunkee

Premium Member
My LFS got in 2 6055`s the other day and luckily I was there when their rep brought them!!!!WoooooHooooo....I got first dibs on them!!!!Gonna pick them up today!!!I`ll let everyone know how they perform!!!!Feels like Christmas all over again!!

Got mines....SAAAAWWWEEEET!!!!!!!!!!!Hard to beleive for the size they can push that much water.Unreal.These are 1/3 the size of the 6000 and push almost as much water!!!!

I got mine today as well but I am not real happy with the flow. Is there an adjustment I am missing. I am running them both through a single controller with a y adaptor. I have the controller set to high but I gotta tell you if this is all they got I will not be very happy.

Can someone help me with the set up? I have to think something is not set up properly. I have 2 of these in a 90 AGA. I took out the 2 Seio 1100's I have in the tank which gave the surface some distinct agitation. With 6055's running it barely moves the surface. In fact if it weren't for the return flow pump there would be no surface agitation. Do they need time to break in? Is there an adjustment that I need to adjust?

I understand the flow between a Seio and full blown prop like the 6055 will be different, but this is way beyond that. I can feel no water motion once my hand gets beyond about 4 inhces from the 6055.

Any help would be appreicated.

Thanks everyone.

Regards,

Pat

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=9886351#post9886351 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by shawnz28
What do you have the voltage set to on the power supply?

Yes! Make sure that the voltage adjustment on the driver is cranked all the way to full!

The voltage adjustment is set at 12 volts. So I assume I need to crank it up to 24? Both power supplies were at 12 volt when I got them. I assumed they needed to stay there.

I will move them to 24 volts and see what happens.

I will report back.

Regards,

Pat

That's it. You were at the minimum flow about 265 gph only, the full flow is 1453 gph. And if you want more check out the "Tunze Nano Mod" thread, the 6055 can pump out as much as 1900 gph after the mods.

That did the trick guys. Thanks a lot. You know I saw that adjustment but thought it had to remain at 12 volts since that's the way they came. Big difference that's for sure. We'll that sure makes me a lot happier.

I don't know about modding these units yet. I would suspect that doing so would void the warranty. Either way I think I will let them run as is for while.

Does anyone use the night mode photo cell? How does that work for you?

Thanks again.

Regards,

Pat

I bought mine at Reef Exotics. I don't know if Tony has anymore or not. You could check that's for sure.

Regards,

Pat

Can I just point out, that I now officialy HATE the US!! :mad2: ;)

Why is it, that a company based in Germany will make the pumps availeble in the US before anywhere else...! Okay I know I know, the US market is much bigger than anywhere else....

Wonder when we will see the 6055 starting to come in.

That does not bother us, we are used to being hated:)

look at the bright side, by the time you all get the pumps, any bugs will have been worked out. We are the guinea pigs, happy ones though.

Day 5 with the new pumps. They are working just fine so far. I did notice one thing today that I had not noticed before. When I push the button on the controller for the food timer, the pumps intermittingly start for just a second and then turn off. This was going on until the food time was up and then pumps started normally.

Is this the correct operation for these pumps and timer? I am using the single controller with the Y adaptor.

Regards,

Pat

Regards,

Pat

When I push the button on the controller for the food timer, the pumps intermittingly start for just a second and then turn off.

The controller is designed to do this whenever the pumps are at a standstill, the idea is to discourage fish from taking up residence inside the pump and being sliced to pieces when the pump returns to full power.

I've had a 6055 on order in the UK for 3 months now, which judging by other posts is nothing.

Hopefully not too much longer?!?!

Are they worth the wait guys?

Based on the 6 days I have had mine I would have to say yes. But give me some more time to evaluate them. 6 days is not very long. Regards,

Pat

Just be sure to check with Tunze that the 24v option is correct - overdriving the pumps if it's not will lead to premature motor failure...

Back