The Best Dosing Pump

lhomme

Hello all -

I am in the market for a dosing pump - 4 head.

I have looked at the following manufactures...

Neptune Systems
Coral Box WiFi
Jabao

I would like to get some UX opinions on there performance.
I don't want to go too cheap - But I don't want to break the bank either

Also, Any other solutions and product recommendations are welcomed.

The Best Dosing Pump

Neptune's don't got 4 heads. I would go ghl

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro.

Thanks for the replies and suggestions

I did research the GHL - A bit rich,
I do know the Neptune only has two heads - I would need
to double up if I went with the Neptune System - Costly, though
I do have their controller.

I’ll look at the Bubble Magus

Thanks Again

Red Sea is coming out with a 4 channel doser called the ReefDose. This is what was interesting to me...

"While most ‘high end’ dosing pumps use stepper motors to achieve very high accuracy of fluid dosing, Red Sea has managed to design a wildly accurate dosing machine by building it from the ground up with servo motors. This has the added benefit of greatly reducing the cost of the machine, with a four channel ReefDose expected to cost around $300 when it becomes available later this year."

I can't link to the article but a Google search should find it.

Red Sea is coming out with a 4 channel doser called the ReefDose. This is what was interesting to me...

"While most ‘high end’ dosing pumps use stepper motors to achieve very high accuracy of fluid dosing, Red Sea has managed to design a wildly accurate dosing machine by building it from the ground up with servo motors. This has the added benefit of greatly reducing the cost of the machine, with a four channel ReefDose expected to cost around $300 when it becomes available later this year."

The write up I saw was on reef builders

Look into lab grade dosing pumps. Specifically Cole-Parmer dosing pumps. You can add as many heads to it as you want. Accurate long lasting powerful with stainless head mechanism instead of plastic.
You can get used ones not too expensive

I'll be planning on purchasing the Coral Box Wifi doser this Black Friday, missed my chance last black Friday when it was on sale for 140. I've read good reviews for them, and they are very reasonably priced.

"While most "˜high end' dosing pumps use stepper motors to achieve very high accuracy of fluid dosing, Red Sea has managed to design a wildly accurate dosing machine by building it from the ground up with servo motors. This has the added benefit of greatly reducing the cost of the machine, with a four channel ReefDose expected to cost around $300 when it becomes available later this year."

Wow sounds pretty nice. I bought two Neptune DOS, though one is unused (new in box still). They take up A LOT of space, which I guess is OK. Would be neat to see what Red Sea comes up with. I'm having a few issues with air bubbles because I'm using RO tubing =/

Back