The best equipment purchase you've made

I have to agree with the magic erasers! Those things will get anything off your glass. I have always used them inside my tank with no issues. I would say good teat kits were the best purchase for me!

I know its sad because both made in china but wp40s and d120s. Had a large coral die "moody blues" but the rock had so many other great corals on it that I could not remove it so had a large outbreak of GHA so right now I would say the sea hare I have is my best piece of equipment. Its done an incredible job and when he is done I will be paying it forward so if anyone is fighting GHA let me know in about 2 weeks.

Just tried the magic eraser on acrylic tank. Thx for tip works great. Left coraline but got everything else nice and clean

I read something about Mr clean magic eraser containing chemicals...
Is it really safe to use inside a reef tank?

Melamine, I believe. It was safe enough to put in baby formula for a while. Oh wait - they pulled that. We've been using them for years. The worst fear I can see is if a small piece is consumed by a fish. You want the original formulation, not one with detergents or scents added.

Reef Angel controller. I was totally against a controller of any kind until I got it.
I thought I could do it all with the controllers that the equipment may have, but it is much nicer having it all controlled by 1 central unit.

I like the Reef Angel because it is open source and can be programmed to do pretty much anything you can imagine.

Best purchase so far has been a self help program called "C.O.R.a.L." aka Convincing Ourselves Reefs are Contagious.

The first few weeks are the worst... I went through some heavy withdrawal right around 4pm every Thursday. This was due to the fact that I knew a shipment of colorful sticks, and swaying softies were just around the corner from my location being acclimated to the LFS systems. (After the first few weeks though, the desire to sneak out of work and run over there slowly started to go away, and my boss told me my afternoon attendance had improved, YAY!).

Week 4 did however bring on a new development that I am still having issues with though. I developed a lump on my right buttock. It wasn't painful or anything, and when I visited my doctor to find out what it was he looked at me and laughed...?!?!? He said I should see someone at the bank... hmmm I went to the bank and the told me it was money in my wallet. I find this hard to believe still to this day, and these trips to the bank are killing me.

The only other strange thing is that now I am putting on weight. My sponsor said I should take the money that I usually spend on (we're not allowed to say the word, but it starts with C and ends with LS), and buy food. I told him that I have flake, pellet and frozen Mysis... he insisted that I go to a grocery store though, and spend at least one specimen worth of cash on food. I haven't had to go to the grocery store in 3 weeks now.

Hi, my name is Daimyo68, and I'm a reformed... OH DAMN look at the ACRO!

Kidding aside. The Apex has been the best purchase for me.

Last edited:
Melamine, I believe. It was safe enough to put in baby formula for a while. Oh wait - they pulled that. We've been using them for years. The worst fear I can see is if a small piece is consumed by a fish. You want the original formulation, not one with detergents or scents added.

I'm from Portugal.
I don't even know if it's sold here, but if it is I will give it a try.
Acrylic tanks are a nightmare to clean without scratching.

Reefbreeder LED fixture. Love the colors that my halide/t5 couldn't give consistently and I can play with the intensity.

2nd best purchase is a TDS meter.

AI LED lights. Completely changed the dynamic of my tank and eliminated all of the temperature issues the MH caused as well as algae blooms if I went too long without bulb changes

Back