The best equipment purchase you've made

djsmallz

So what is your best equipment purchase to date? Feel free to state why you feel that way. I'll go first mine has been my Precision Marine calcium reactor. Since then my tank parameters have been very stable. Can't wait to get my slightly larger tank up and running.:bounce1:

I hate to say it but I'm really liking the WP40's. I cant justify spending $400+ on a MP40 when you can get similar results from the wp for a 1/4 of the price. I don't care for it being made in Chine though.

Tell me more? Using it to clean glass?

Nothing cleans acryllic better, except for coralline algae spots - Continuum's blades are great for that - they are blue versions of Kent's old ones. Kent still hasn't gotten their blades right and we scratched a few tanks with their new v2 and v3 blades. It works well on glass too but with acryllic, you have to be more cautious to prevent scratching. Magic Eraser lets you scrub hard with no worries of damage - but it doesn't require the elbow grease that fiber pads require. It also causes microscopic (invisible) scratches, similar to the buffing you'd do to fix deep scratches, so it slightly softens the appearance of old scratches in time.

2 tips: shave a thin piece and put it on the inside piece of your magnet for the best performance ever. use your scraper stick to maneuver the pad at the bottom for easy detailing in taller tanks.

It's not a piece of equipement but it definitely gives me a lot of reassurance and a little more piece of mind. Renters insurance, ecspecially living on the second floor of an apartment complex.

Chinese LEDS I have a lot of good coral growth and I have seen my power bill go down around $20.00 a month already from metal halides and VHOs it will pay for itself in about a year and a half

I second the Apex Neptune system. Not sure how I lived without it before (although I admit I have not been in this too long). I really like having control over everything through my PC. Bit of a learning curve to get up to speed on it, but once you get going it is pretty easy. Can't wait for the feeder and even Radion control that is coming.

Nothing cleans acryllic better, except for coralline algae spots - Continuum's blades are great for that - they are blue versions of Kent's old ones. Kent still hasn't gotten their blades right and we scratched a few tanks with their new v2 and v3 blades. It works well on glass too but with acryllic, you have to be more cautious to prevent scratching. Magic Eraser lets you scrub hard with no worries of damage - but it doesn't require the elbow grease that fiber pads require. It also causes microscopic (invisible) scratches, similar to the buffing you'd do to fix deep scratches, so it slightly softens the appearance of old scratches in time.

2 tips: shave a thin piece and put it on the inside piece of your magnet for the best performance ever. use your scraper stick to maneuver the pad at the bottom for easy detailing in taller tanks.

For any stubborn spots I use a credit card. It has never left any scratches and works on the first swipe.

Wow just 1 cant do that.
Apex
Avast skimmer neck cleaner
Mp40s and mp10s I love the small foot print in tank.
Its new but loving my itech skimmer

By far the most integral piece of equipment big or small would be your simple ATO pump.

I read something about Mr clean magic eraser containing chemicals...
Is it really safe to use inside a reef tank?

Back