The BIG MESS and The Re-Build

anthony27

Well I get Married, that was the first problem. ( married joke)

So I bought a bubble mag doser and when I was away the pipe going to the sump to dose the alk clogged. ( ok I am polish what do you want from me LOL), so it filled with salt creep and did not dose alk for 4 days.

Well I go away for 10 days to the islands and when I come back 90% of the tank is dead. Between comming back to that da, storm and then with the power going on and off I had the return, a power head and vortech running on the apc. Well the dam skimmer kept on shutting on and off ( i know cut the power to everything but I was running on 4 hrs of sleep) the skimmer over flowed and it is so close to the rim of the sump that it spilled water all over the transformer for the vortech and blew the vortech. :worried2:

Well between this loosing coral, I said the hell with this and broke down the tank took rocks out and re did the whole dam thing all over.

I went leds ripped out the t5s.

THEN:

Well I should have known I was not done with this because I order for a site and out of 24 pices of frags shipped only 11 pices make it. :debi::debi:
Yeah I was ****ed but I sent the pictures to the place and they are giving me the money back for store credit. But common that many dead, and one of them was a sun coral. :sad1:

NOW:

Well from going from 150 cal 4 alk and 300 mag. I am now up to all the right levels, doser has been fixed and I am back in action.

So see even if I did have some one come over you will get salt creep no matter what even the cal reactors you have to check the alk build up and salt creep on the hoses.

The only good that comes out of this is now I have a reason to buy frags and pick what I want so that means, I can buy coral that I did not have before :thumbsup:.

First Noel now me. I have to say it sucks big time.

2011-05-03005708.jpg

Before

Dude that is like one of the worst feelings to go thru.... I am having another issue and its killing me to see sps stn in days with no answers yet....

Thats about it. The brains lost color cause of the cal. Clams love the leds. Thats half the sps I have more ill take pictures keep in mind that big colony in front was tiera del fuego that I paied a good penny from rocky mountain frags

Ehen I bought it it said thst I can be mistaken cause im not good with names but ill check the order if I can find the email

O man- that just hit me in the gut (pic of coral in the box). I've seen 8+ tanks crash this month and I think I'll be avoiding sps for a long time.

Well the good news is that all parameters are in check and all that lived is doing good . So now we focus on moving forward and stocking that tank again.

dam man thats sucks..... I feel your pain If you are comeing to the met on saterday I have some stuff for you mister... :bigeyes:

Well I should have known I was not done with this because I order for a site and out of 24 pices of frags shipped only 11 pices make it. :debi::debi:
Yeah I was ****ed but I sent the pictures to the place and they are giving me the money back for store credit. But common that many dead, and one of them was a sun coral. :

Just a guess, but Mr. Coral?

Sorry for your loss, looks like you're already on the right road to recovery though!

Glad to hear things are back to normal buddy.
Hey Ant, I had the same thing happen to me with one of my Vortechs. I only had to replace the transformer part. Are you sure you also burned out the controller part ?

Back