the club soda trick questions

knickel

so the bottle trap didnt work :/ been in there a few days and bait is still there. so i am planning on trying the club soda trick this weekend. when i pull the rock out i literally just pour some soda into the hole ive seen him peeking out of? how will the club soda affect the rock? like will it kill anything? i plan on dipping it in a tub of clean saltwater after i get him out. any help would be greatly appreciated!!

just as i finish typing i walk in to find him looking at me from underneath a different rock! hes dug a burrow under it!! would it be safe to pull all the rocks out and just chase him with a net?

Last edited:
The net will work but it may get stuck on the mantis due to the spikes coming off the animal. Are u going to keep it?

i actually got lucky today when i decided to get him out i saw him under a different rock which was much more manageable. i pulled it out put it in a bucket of saltwater and waited till he came out and pulled the rock out easy!! i traded him at the LFS for a peppermint shrimp! he needs to get working on those aiptasia :/

10 bucks rip off i get them for $2.25.
lol but a pep for a mantis. Dang I would buy 15 of them in trade for a mantis. lol

Back