The little fish

BdaSquid

Some babies are out now about 1/2 to 1 inch. Yellowhead wrasses, pudding wives, a single blue tang, numerous ocean surgeons and even a couple of spanish hogfish were sited. I need to get my hands (or nets) around a regular hogfish. ;)

Oh, we did see a few jewel fish as well but no lions...yes!

Surfs up today on the South Shore. I guess I'll wait until later this week to scout the area.

Bagged quite a few

Bagged quite a few

This week, we got 3 blue tangs, 3 ocean surgeons & 3 butterfly fish. All were between 1 and 2 inches. The butterflies have got to be hybrid reef & spotfin...it seems. I may part with the butterfly I have as it may pick away the poylps off my mushrooms ( I'm not having that). We saw a nice angel fish about 3 inches, very friendly and curiously brave.

they are out in full force!

they are out in full force!

Good Deal! We got some more yellowheads & blue tangs. Just about all the desired specimens are out before the water is cold. This is strange, but a welcomed occurrence.

Even an 12" trigger (turbot) kept coming close, trying to bite fish remnants from one of the nets. It was either a ripped "slic" net or some nice firm baked fillet later that day....I chose to kept my net in good condition...

Back