The start of my 20G.... Weekly Updates ....

todd2000

Ok here goes.... I posted a thread a few months ago about this tank, but I figured I'de start a new one. I have had many tanks over the years, some more successful then others, I know how to take care of them, but I also have A.D.D. lol, and sometimes I'll admit I lose interest or just get lazy. I really do love the hobby though. To make a long story short I hadn't had a tank for over a year until July. I went to NJ to visit a friend, and he gave me his entire 20G setup, tank, stand, 150W MH Light, etc.... He had the tank at work and had basically stopped taking care of it. There was just Live Rock and 3 corals in it. I moved it from NJ back to VA, and to be honest set it up and kinda forgot about it for 2.5 months, didn't do much in the way of maintenance, and sometimes didn't even turn the light on for days, I know a timer would have been a simple solution, but I wasn't even sure I wanted to keep it. The corals were already not doing so well when I brought it home, and I didn't help the situation any. There is one rock of Zoas, and what is left of a Brain, and some Alveopora. I just cleaned the tank and am going to try my hardest to keep up with it. To help me in this I am going to post Weekly updates in this thread, maybe that will help keep me motivated. Now don't expect a huge transformation in a few weeks, I don't have a lot of cash to throw at this, so I will be doing it a frag or two at a time. I think Im going to get a fish next week too. Ok onto the pics....

FTS:
DSC04760.jpg

Brain: Not in the best shape as you can see....
DSC04746.jpg

Alveopora: Im not sure what it looked like before, but it is bleached....
DSC04759.jpg

Zoas: They look ok their kinda orange, Im sure they will color up in a few weeks.
DSC04744.jpg

Live Rock: Some nice coraline and color on the rocks
DSC04751.jpg

DSC04748.jpg

DSC04747.jpg

Wish me luck...

Any advice on the corals? Im not really worried about the Zoas they should be fine, but not sure about the other 2...

Good Luck ......... don't have a lot of optimism regarding the "brain". The alveopora looks terminal. But the live rock looks great.

Back