the start of my 29g reef tank

easye123

The whole setup

IMG_2294.jpg

front view...25lbs of LR.. emp 280....overflow box

IMG_2298.jpg

150w MH HQI 20k

IMG_2297.jpg

10g sump/refug.(skimmer was being set up when i took the pic)

IMG_2296.jpg

another front view

IMG_2295.jpg

any suggestions of anything to do or put into the tank would be great..ill keep postin pics as i add stuff

(the stand might look weak but is very strong)

easye, nice i see you took the water line down a bit, with that light you can keep pretty much anything you want, looking nice, nice start

nice start, i like the tank, good choice on the 150 HQI. I like the aquascape, will look awesome if you put some nice corals in it. What kind of return pump are you using? I'm planning my 29 gallon setup and I'm still trying to decide if I want a mag 7 or not.

Looking good, i think you could do acros but is this you first coral tank?? You might want to get some expreance in keeping some lps and softies first. Sps are very touchy and need very good water quality

yea it is my first coral tank but with gaining knowledge and my very experienced brother will hopefully help..but ya i will prob start with some frogspawns......stuff like that..
and hey SCHS how do u like ur css 65?

Nice start, I see that you fixed the sump issue w/ the water being high. You can tidy it up a little bit more, but over all its nice. I wish I would have went MH. BTW where did you get that overflow? I've been looking around to see what is nice and works well.

A lot of people use CSS65, I myself have a Remora AquaC and it does a good job, but then again I don't have many corals.

ek9 - my brother gave me the sump w/ the overflow soo i dunno what kind it is..its a little big but works great. ill ask him..

Your setup is really cool. If you could post whatever specs you have on the equipment/sump setup I'd really appreciate it. It would be very helpful for my next setup.

my tank is starting to produce brown algea on the LR and some starting to appear in the LS. Ive heard that means its still cycling . Should i worry about it or let the clean up crew do there job? I have 10 mixed snails and 10 mixed hermit crabs. Will water changes and the clean up crew take care of it?

Let the clean up crew take care of it, you don't want to do water change until your cycle almost complete.

how long should i have the tank up and running ..( with LS that was used in an established previous tank) and 20lbs of LR.. till i can add some corals

i just added my first coral yesterday.. its a rare type of frogspawn called like a euphillya or somethin. Its pink with neon green tips and bumbs all over it. Ill post some pics probably today.

I added my first coral and BTA.. had a question on the so called euphyllia.....

BTA

IMG_2304.jpg

IMG_2299.jpg

they called it a cross breed of some kind of frogspawns at the LFS but i dont really remember...ive had it for two days and it hasnt polyped up yet... does it take a several days for it to get use to the enviorment or what?

IMG_2302.jpg

also i got a false perc. CF that was tank bred... do they host in anenomes?

Back