Thinking about making a return .......

maxdout

Hey guys, its been a while since i posted on here but i've been thinking about making a return to the scene. Especially after I saw Mark's tank win totm. :spin1:

I'm not sure where to start though which might sound kind of strange. I still have my 28 nanocube so probably going to stick with that for the tank size. Any other suggestions are welcomed. Thx again for listening in on the rant.

Come back! Come back. I can't get a commitment from my cousin on your tank so better start it up lol.

Venture out and perhaps try something you didn't last time......

I keep thinking how "easy" anemome are in relation to SPS and how nice to see something moving would be for a change.....even a bunch of condys would be different.

Max, Are you crazy? (I'll be right back as I need to go check on my tank) (ok, Im back) This hobby is great and all, but (I'll be right back, I think I hear my pump) (ok, I'm back) having some free time this spring and summer sire would be nice (excuse me again, the fish need feeding) (ok, I'm back again) (not again, my skimmer is overflowing) (ok, I'm back) Did I mention how great this hobby is :D

But for real, enjoy your time off. I would wait until after summer for sure. That would give you enough time away to know if your really miss it or if you just wanted to set up a tank because we've been doing this hobby for so long :thumbsup:

i always enjoy the build. maybe you can make a stand for your nano, start collecting equipment for a new set up - ? since i started this hobby i've had a continuous build project - two in the works now :)

But for real, enjoy your time off.

I miss the challenge......and the pretty colors.......but I have Call of Duty helping with the withdrawls lately....

but am glad I am doing what I am before I got frustrated not being able to upgrade right now.

strange

strange

On good days you want a bigger tank or you start researching better equipment, even try and justify why the 5 month old light setup that you just installed should already be replaced. Maybe if I had a more exspensive skimmer life would be better. On the bad day you click on new post and start listing all your for sale, boy my wife would love getting that second bathroom back, it's been a water room for so long, what furniture would you put on that wall. Then you cancel your post, go to a LFS tomorrow and see something you wanted and the excitment starts all over again. Like Marc said take the summer to plan and have fun then jump in and get your carpet all wet. Sanity is only a frame of mind.

i always enjoy the build. maybe you can make a stand for your nano, start collecting equipment for a new set up - ? since i started this hobby i've had a continuous build project - two in the works now :)

I agree, the build is the best part about reefing. God knows, I have had my fair share of builds!

Sang, you're crazy man. If you would've just stuck with one tank and dropped all of you're money and time into it you'd have a TOTM by now :p

Sang, you're crazy man. If you would've just stuck with one tank and dropped all of you're money and time into it you'd have a TOTM by now :p

Very true. I just get bored too fast. I have lost soooo much money trading in reefs and cars (my other passion) and need to control this problem. I think my main problem is that I devote so much of my time on my new hobby that burn out is inevitable. I really need to take it slow this time and watch my reef mature. Hell, I can already feel the difference in my philosophy paying off as I still havent ordered my tank yet. LOL, I do have my lights though.:fun2: Are you back in Sac, Jim?

Max, Are you crazy? (I'll be right back as I need to go check on my tank) (ok, Im back) This hobby is great and all, but (I'll be right back, I think I hear my pump) (ok, I'm back) having some free time this spring and summer sire would be nice (excuse me again, the fish need feeding) (ok, I'm back again) (not again, my skimmer is overflowing) (ok, I'm back) Did I mention how great this hobby is :D

But for real, enjoy your time off. I would wait until after summer for sure. That would give you enough time away to know if your really miss it or if you just wanted to set up a tank because we've been doing this hobby for so long :thumbsup:

ROTFL!!!!!!!!!!!:lolspin:

Come back after selling me that nano cube, lol. Get ahold of me, I'll take it to help fund your future "come back" tank.

LOL. beared. sorry i wasn't home yesterday. got home at midnight horrid day at work. anyhow glad you like the setup. im saving up but i might end up taking mark's advice. i do miss it though. of all things i miss my clowns and the nem. they had so much personality, was debating on just doing a clown/nem tank and pass on the reef deal. idk yet.

Max-I think I am in the same place you were w/ your reef when you decided to break it down. Switching to a FOWLR. The build is the exciting part. I know it's a different challenge, but not worrying about keeping up the reef on a daily basis seems like more of a relief. Definately will miss the color and beauty of a reef. though.

Back