Thinking about selling my tank to upgrade - feeler

FullBoreReefer

As the title says, I'm thinking about upgrading to a larger tank and seeing if anyone is interested in purchasing my current tank.

Absolutely no issues with it. Its 36"L x 24W" x25H", the reason for a 25" high tank is it gives a true water level at 24", making it a true 90gallon(but dimensions state 95gallon).

It has a center overflow on the back wall, which is made of glass and covered by a black acrylic cover. The entire tank is made of 1/2" glass, and eurobraced on top as well. It is drilled for a 1-1/2" drain and a 1" return.

I bought it brand new and know how much I paid because I had it built as well, which is irrelevant, but I won't sell to to cheap.

Not sure what to ask as of now but if interested at all send me a PM with an offer. This is for tank only, no livestock or other equipment.

Its still currently running and going on 5yrs. This whole process could be over a few month period as my new tank will be custom built. I'm in no hurry and may not even upgrade if I don't get atleast a decent price as my new tank was quoated around $1350.

Thanks,
Dane

I can take pics if needed. Its in wall so not much to look at. A tank is a tank lol

Basic front view...

Last edited:
I'm interested in the tank for sure but just need the glass

Standard glass or star fire? I know you had it for 5 years but what's the condition any scratches?

Unfortunately no starphire.

Overall condition is great.

Although I'm at work at the moment, I wanna say there is atleast one, maybe two small hair line scratches. So small they don't even collect anything when the front panel is cleaned.

I want to see the tank in person before I commit. How much were you looking for. I would need a stand correct, since an in wall?

Understandable. We'll have to figure out when we both have some spare time.

I'm really not sure what I would take for it. Heck I may even have the reciept for it some where lol. I understand all that doesn't matter much since I had it built and paid the extra on labor and I understand I'll lose that, no biggie.

Yes, you would need a stand of some sort.

Can you pm me a price so I can get an idea. I was getting some quotes for a custom tank this size and want to see if it would be worth it.

Thank you

I paid $550 for the tank and matching sch.80 bulkheads supplied by the builder. Then $95 to ship, which doesn't really matter anyways lol

Although its a "smaller" tank, being 1/2" on the entire build and extra bracing, its heavy!

Sending Pm shortly...

I'm kind of going a weird direction with this one...

Its gonna be, 36"L x 48"W x 25"H, yep that's right 48"wide but only 36"L. But, with a coast to coast overflow on the back 36" panel, and since there is only one viewing panel being an in wall, it'll in my hopes give a cleaner look.

With a 24" water level its a hair under 180g.

It'll replace the exact hole in my wall when I remove my current tank above (36x24x25). But this round I want something different, "depth". As in, when viewing, it goes "waaaaay" back into the wall.

Hopefully that makes sense.

My wife would probably like that size better than the 72x30x25 monster that's sitting empty in my living room at the moment.

Back