thinking of seeding with tiger pods

robot2222

i was thinking of seeding with tiger pods . do you just put in the refuge? my refuge is under tank i know this is not ideal, but will this be ok ? my tank has numerous corals and doing pretty well , no fish because of ich 4 months ago . so before i add fish i would like to seed . one more thing i have a clean up crew with 2 pepermint shrimp and blue leg hermits that will prob affect pod regeneration . any ideas on how i should try this.

you know when i started 3 years ago i would get upset because everyone else had pods swarming and all i would ever get was amphipods. well when i did my 240 i put a semi DSB in and had another reefer give me some sand from his DSB to seed it.low and ehold a month later i have swarms of pods. i would just get someone to give you a lillle sand and make sure the water going through you ref in not too strong

I have tried this, and I don't doubt the value of tigger pods as food. However, I have never seen a population of tiggers in my system. I have several other species but the tiggers don't seem to reproduce.

My point is if you are buying the tiggers to feed your system by all means do it, but if you are buying them in hopes of establishing a population you are wasting $20.00 and would be better served setting up a small slow moving refugium. Trust me you'll have copepods and mysids in no time.

my only prob is i have a refuge has some calurpa and magroves . i know cheato is better for pods. i think i will save my 20 bucks.

The reef that I maintain at school has a display refugium with mangroves and seagrasses. The mangrove section is teeming with copepods.

Back