Third batch of pics

boobookitty

And more:

A shot of the miyagi "tort" (so-named by Dave, supposedly):
Tort%20Miyagi%20Macro.JPG

My yellow "tort" (actually austera) has grown from a tiny frag to a huge basketball-sized colony"
Tort%20Yellow.JPG

And a closeup:
Tort%20Yellow%20Macro%202.JPG

A tricolor growing from a small frag:
Tricolor.JPG

The Tyree "Lime in the sky" is finally taking off:
Tyree%20Lime%20In%20Sky.JPG

This undata is taking over a largish rock...love the purple growth edge:
Undata.JPG

Not sure what this is (sunset monti?) but it's growing nicely...that white spot in the middle is where a frag accidentally dropped on it and sat for a day...already all healed up:
Unknown4.JPG

Another unknown...deep metallic blue:
Unknown5.JPG

No idea what this is...blue with red polyps...got it from Vivid:
Unknown7.JPG

More to come...

Project Reef

**** R.C. Member
Premium Member
Very nice Arthur. Your tank has come a long way. I still remember when you were just starting up and loading up on frags 7 years ago at Larry's frag swap and you mentioning something along the lines of "I never thought I was going to meet any of you people, otherwise I wouldn't have picked boobookitty as a screenname" LOL

FiShTaCo

Great pics Arthur, I love your yellow colony.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=14134437#post14134437 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Project Reef
Very nice Arthur. Your tank has come a long way. I still remember when you were just starting up and loading up on frags 7 years ago at Larry's frag swap and you mentioning something along the lines of "I never thought I was going to meet any of you people, otherwise I wouldn't have picked boobookitty as a screenname" LOL

LOL I did the same thing with my screen name. Stoked. :lol:

Macimage

Gorgeous!!

I'm still working on my tank so that I can buy some frags from you. We replaced my mh bulbs yesterday. Next weekend I am going to do a large water change with the new barrels I got from Golfish last Saturday. After that I'll hook up the calcium reactor and phosban reactors.

Thanks again!
Joyce

boobookitty

Joyce...

Work on a tank never ends. This past week I took apart my electrical and plumbing...changes that had been needed for years. The hood is now totally redone...4x400W Radiums instead of 3x400W Radiums and 2x250W DE 20KK, proper fan installation, PC lights moved...I also redid quite a bit of plumbing to the sea swirls, took out the electrical stuff in the stand (got tired of the fires :)). It was 44 hours of work in a 55 hour period, by myself: I sent the wife and kids out of town for a couple days. It was miserable, and worth it, but kinda depressing to spend that much time and that much work on stuff that no one else is even going to notice (except for the lack of fires :)).

Arthur

Macimage

Yes, I agree that it's a slow process and you are correct, no one will notice (except your corals!). It seems the weeks fly by and I might get one small project completed.

Umm..fires????

mclaman

Nice looking Undata! Which leads me to this question...Why does my undata not encrust? It has grown from a small frag to a little larger than a silver dollar. It hasn't however encrusted onto the rock it sits on.

isseym328

Premium Member
Hey Arthur,

That last piece in your pic post is the pink sanddollar monti. I'm not sure if that is a wild piece or one that came from Sac but it is a sweet piece!